Singapore Expats Forum
 

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

One World International School
mikegrande
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 8:33 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by mikegrande » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:58 am

peppa_123 wrote:
Fri, 28 Aug 2020 9:42 pm
21/06/2020 here, also still pending.
Hi, I have seen on this forum that you can get your case expedited by calling MOM if it has been over 8 weeks since applying. Curious if you have tried calling. Best wishes~

abc_74
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 3:36 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by abc_74 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:16 am

I have called them up a couple of times and they have mentioned they will expedite.

mikegrande
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 8:33 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by mikegrande » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:29 am

abc_74 wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:16 am
I have called them up a couple of times and they have mentioned they will expedite.
Great, please keep us posted. Good luck!

abc_74
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 3:36 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by abc_74 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:43 am

@mikegrande .. are you still waiting for an outcome for your application? If yes, when did you file your application.

kirpi_e
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:38 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by kirpi_e » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:47 am

As mentioned above, 17th june and I got it 2 weeks ago.

I recommend you to give a call to MOM and ask for status.. 4 days later application should not be 2 weeks more waiting I believe.

abc_74
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 3:36 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by abc_74 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:59 am

I am still waiting my outcome also .. I applied on 16th June ..

mikegrande
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 8:33 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by mikegrande » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 1:03 pm

abc_74 wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:43 am
@mikegrande .. are you still waiting for an outcome for your application? If yes, when did you file your application.
24 July. Still waiting

abc_74
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 3:36 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by abc_74 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 1:27 pm

@mikegrande .. its 24th July or 24th June. If 24th July .. then still have a few weeks to go.

mikegrande
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 8:33 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by mikegrande » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 2:18 pm

July. I'm aware. I'm rooting for everyone else on here until my 8 week mark.

abc_74
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 3:36 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by abc_74 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 4:35 pm

I got my approval just now .. Date Applied - 16th June | Approved 31st Aug

kirpi_e
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:38 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by kirpi_e » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 4:40 pm

abc_74 wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 4:35 pm
I got my approval just now .. Date Applied - 16th June | Approved 31st Aug
Congratulations. Seems to be process is going a bit longer now

peppa_123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 9:37 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by peppa_123 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:23 pm

I also got my approval this afternoon :)

Date applied: 21/06/2020
Called to expedite after 8.5 weeks and again today (just over 10 weeks). Then the approval came in a few hours later.

Good luck to all other applicants!

User avatar
romsf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 8:31 am

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by romsf » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 8:33 am

Anyone did the process to convert EP to PEP? I have my PEP approval and I am supposed to cancel my EP before I can get the new pass. Will there be a period when I cannot work? Already in Singapore working for a company

sid123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:33 am

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by sid123 » Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:48 am

Hi,

I am in a bit of a situation here and need some guidance. I am currently on EP, applied for PEP in May and received IPA in August. I have my dependents (wife and 2 kids on DP) staying with me in SG for last 2.5 years while I have been here for 3+ years now. My kids attend International School here.

I was in discussions with a prospective employer for a new job. They confirmed the position to me once I received my IPA for PEP. They want me to join me from 1st October, which I can do basis my PEP now. My current employer is cooperative, and I have discussed about leaving and started working on the handover of my stuff.

I have applied for new DPs for my dependents on 31st August only basis my PEP. The issue is that when I resign officially with my current employer (I can do so on 16th September as per 2-week notice rule) effective 30th Sep, they will cancel my existing EP and DPs. While I will move over to PEP, my dependents will be issued STVP with 30 days limit (30th Oct).

My fear is that new DPs may not get issued until 8th or 9th week from 31st August- ie only around 31st October or later considering the workload at MOM. Will my wife and kids have to go back to home country if their new DPs are not approved by 31st October? It is a touch and go situation - it would be a lot of hassle if I have to cancel school admission, send them to home country and again bring them back after a few weeks and get fresh admission here plus issues related to finding flights and serving stay home periods due to covid.

If someone who has gone through transition from EP to PEP or a similar experience, please provide some guidance. Thanks in advance.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:39 am

sid123 wrote:
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:48 am
Hi,

I am in a bit of a situation here and need some guidance. I am currently on EP, applied for PEP in May and received IPA in August. I have my dependents (wife and 2 kids on DP) staying with me in SG for last 2.5 years while I have been here for 3+ years now. My kids attend International School here.

I was in discussions with a prospective employer for a new job. They confirmed the position to me once I received my IPA for PEP. They want me to join me from 1st October, which I can do basis my PEP now. My current employer is cooperative, and I have discussed about leaving and started working on the handover of my stuff.

I have applied for new DPs for my dependents on 31st August only basis my PEP. The issue is that when I resign officially with my current employer (I can do so on 16th September as per 2-week notice rule) effective 30th Sep, they will cancel my existing EP and DPs. While I will move over to PEP, my dependents will be issued STVP with 30 days limit (30th Oct).

My fear is that new DPs may not get issued until 8th or 9th week from 31st August- ie only around 31st October or later considering the workload at MOM. Will my wife and kids have to go back to home country if their new DPs are not approved by 31st October? It is a touch and go situation - it would be a lot of hassle if I have to cancel school admission, send them to home country and again bring them back after a few weeks and get fresh admission here plus issues related to finding flights and serving stay home periods due to covid.

If someone who has gone through transition from EP to PEP or a similar experience, please provide some guidance. Thanks in advance.
Don't get too worried. Once the STVP is issued, contact ICA and ask for extension of STVP. I think they will be amenable to an extension given the current circumstances. Given them the full info and I'm reasonably confident an extension will be approved.
Not sure if that solves your kids school situation, but at least it will allow them to stay in Singapore.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests