Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Normaldude

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by Normaldude » Wed, 28 Sep 2022 9:33 pm

whiterabbit86 wrote:
Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:54 am
Applied on May 23rd and still waiting for my approval.

Called MOM but there's no option to speak to a real person.
Have used their feedback form without any success.

Well above the salary range specified. This process is getting a bit tricky now :/
@whiterabbit86, have you ever received an outcome on your PEP?

yellowchopsick

Post by yellowchopsick » Fri, 04 Nov 2022 8:50 am

Any update?

I applied in Aug first week. Still under processing. Anyone else applied around the same time

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 9:17 pm

Why local reference is required on the PEP application form? Can anyone tell me pls!
Is their any labilities/implications associated with local contact?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:08 pm

simple_guy wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 9:17 pm
Why local reference is required on the PEP application form? Can anyone tell me pls!
Google answered this for me
1. https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/personalised ... pplication
2. No

For EP, MOM can go back to the employer, for PEP they may not have employer at all times, hence they need for emergency communication.

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Thu, 24 Nov 2022 12:40 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:08 pm
simple_guy wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 9:17 pm
Google answered this for me
1. https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/personalised ... pplication
2. No

For EP, MOM can go back to the employer, for PEP they may not have employer at all times, hence they need for emergency communication.
Thanks SF. I had gone through the FAQs on the MOM website and somehow missed this FAQ.

SethuR

Post by SethuR » Fri, 16 Dec 2022 10:41 am

I applied for PEP on Nov 9th 2022, still in Pending status . I have a new employer who can apply for my EP, but withdrawing PEP would take 3 weeks. Any one advise if I shall continue waiting for PEP or withdraw and apply for EP instead. If I withdraw the application, will I be eligible to apply again.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 16 Dec 2022 11:10 am

SethuR wrote:
Fri, 16 Dec 2022 10:41 am
I applied for PEP on Nov 9th 2022, still in Pending status . I have a new employer who can apply for my EP, but withdrawing PEP would take 3 weeks. Any one advise if I shall continue waiting for PEP or withdraw and apply for EP instead. If I withdraw the application, will I be eligible to apply again.
PEP processing during covid time was going upto 12 weeks. if you withdraw now, you can surely re-apply after sometime. Not an issue. You just need to indicate on why you withdrew the previous application.

zegnaangelo

Post by zegnaangelo » Mon, 26 Dec 2022 9:57 am

I have gotten my PEP extended 1 time by 2 months till end Feb 2023.
Unfortunately due to my new employer's time-line i can only start my new job till around June 2023. Salary on a monthly basis the job will be above the min salary requirement to keep the PEP, but on a gross basis, (after pro-rating for PEP activation x S$144k) I will not meet the yearly threshold.

In light of that
1.Is MOM very strict in the S$144k per annum cap given I have to activate the PEP in Feb but only start job in June (and not make the S$144k pro-rata cap) or is there scope to appeal the first year?

2. Otherwise, can I let the PEP lapse and reapply PEP again (will it be a no-no)?

Ideally I can extend the PEP to active around April/May and I should be OK for the first year salary floor. But I am unsure if they will extend another time. I want to come to Singapore and almost securing a role but unfortunately personal and work circumstances are delaying the move!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:10 am

zegnaangelo wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 9:57 am
I have gotten my PEP extended 1 time by 2 months till end Feb 2023.
Unfortunately due to my new employer's time-line i can only start my new job till around June 2023. Salary on a monthly basis the job will be above the min salary requirement to keep the PEP, but on a gross basis, (after pro-rating for PEP activation x S$144k) I will not meet the yearly threshold.

In light of that
1.Is MOM very strict in the S$144k per annum cap given I have to activate the PEP in Feb but only start job in June (and not make the S$144k pro-rata cap) or is there scope to appeal the first year?

2. Otherwise, can I let the PEP lapse and reapply PEP again (will it be a no-no)?

Ideally I can extend the PEP to active around April/May and I should be OK for the first year salary floor. But I am unsure if they will extend another time. I want to come to Singapore and almost securing a role but unfortunately personal and work circumstances are delaying the move!
1. What matters for MOM is if you issue it in Feb, and start working only in June, for them they will be looking at 11 months (feb) * 12k - prorated amount for year 1 (11 months). It wont matter if you earn the amount in 1 year or 6 months.

2. Not sure once it lapses, whether you will be allowed to apply and get it again. May not be easy at all the second time.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:21 pm

There is NO second time. It's a one time thing. Once issued, if you lose it, that's it. It back to EP or home, if you have received PR before then if not able to get another EP issued due to changing landscapes and goalposts. You cannot give it back and reapply for it later once issued. The only reason for the extension was primarily due to the covid situation for the past 30 months. I doubt very seriously whether it will be extended again. In fact, I'm guessing you were told at the time of giving you the extension you were probably told it's a one off and would not be repeated.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:21 pm
There is NO second time. It's a one time thing. Once issued, if you lose it, that's it. It back to EP or home, if you have received PR before then if not able to get another EP issued due to changing landscapes and goalposts. You cannot give it back and reapply for it later once issued. The only reason for the extension was primarily due to the covid situation for the past 30 months. I doubt very seriously whether it will be extended again. In fact, I'm guessing you were told at the time of giving you the extension you were probably told it's a one off and would not be repeated.
SMS, my understanding is his PEP IPA has been extended by a couple of months and yet to issue his PEP.

He is asking if he can let the IPA expire and reapply later for PEP assuming he didn't issue the PEP this time.

zegnaangelo

Post by zegnaangelo » Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:50 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:38 pm
SMS, my understanding is his PEP IPA has been extended by a couple of months and yet to issue his PEP.

He is asking if he can let the IPA expire and reapply later for PEP assuming he didn't issue the PEP this time.
correct you are right. i only have IPA but not issued PEP.

To be honest I don't see why its so difficult to come to Singapore. If they don't wanna give me PEP/EP who cares then. Why must I beg them? It's just too difficult.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 26 Dec 2022 11:05 pm

zegnaangelo wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:50 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

To be honest I don't see why its so difficult to come to Singapore. If they don't wanna give me PEP/EP who cares then. Why must I beg them? It's just too difficult.
These are the rules. Accept it or leave it. There is a long queue of people who are grateful for getting a job offer and working visa in Sg. Fyi, no one asked you to beg.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Dec 2022 11:16 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Ahhh., I stand corrected.... My interpretation of this sentence he wrote threw me off. It It was one word short.
I have gotten my PEP extended 1 time by 2 months till end Feb 2023
should have included "application".
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Dec 2022 2:07 am

zegnaangelo wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:50 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

Singapore is highly sought after. There are far too many people who want to come and the ICA can't let everybody in.