Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
VB2018

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by VB2018 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 12:06 pm

Great - thank you!

VB2018

Post by VB2018 » Fri, 04 Jan 2019 7:33 pm

Hi, I have received my IPA and plan to apply for PEP online next week. I am already in SIngapore right now on EP which will be cancelled next week. My query is can I travel abroad after applying for PEP online (on MoM website) and return to Singapore using the one-time visa given on IPA OR do I have to wait till the PEP card is issued to me? Thank you.

BrianInSG

Post by BrianInSG » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 6:36 pm

Hello Everyone.

Hope all is well. I just applied for a Personalized Employment Pass (PEP). A few questions.
- If you submitted your documents through SingPost, how long was it before you were able to see the status of your application online?
- I understand the processing time is 8 weeks. It has been seven business days (11 calendar days) since I submitted my PEP application at SingPost. Does the 8 weeks start from the day of submission at SingPost? or the day MOM receives the application and all supporting documents?

Any information would be really apreciated.

Thank you all

VB2018

Post by VB2018 » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 6:46 pm

Hi BrianInSG,
I recently went through the PEP process. In my case:
- The status of my application ('Pending') was available on the MoM website within 1 working day.
- My application got approved in exactly 3 weeks from the day I submitted the documents at SingPost (which was a Saturday).

BrianInSG

Post by BrianInSG » Tue, 29 Jan 2019 7:12 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

justinsingapore

Post by justinsingapore » Wed, 24 Apr 2019 5:06 pm

I just got my PEP approval via email. It took more than 8 weeks though. So don't be too hung up on the 8 week guideline, especially if you submitted DP application(s) at the same time!

mb701

Post by mb701 » Wed, 29 May 2019 5:05 pm

Just got my IPA too. Took them slightly over 9 weeks to approve.

I will be moving to SG shorly to apply and get a pass issued. One of the required documents is (listed on MoM web site):
- Your residential address in Singapore.
From 14 September 2018, your residential address must meet the housing requirements before you can get the pass issued.

If I would be living at a friends house - would that suffice? Or I would need to have a rental contract under my name?

BrianInSG

Post by BrianInSG » Wed, 29 May 2019 5:09 pm

I am not sure of the answer to this question. However I applied for my PEP on my own and had numerous questions. You can call Ministry of Manpower directly at 6438 5122. They are very helpful in answering questions.

ChrisKoehncke

Post by ChrisKoehncke » Fri, 02 Aug 2019 12:47 am

How to see PEP status online?

I applied for PEP online got immediate notice of receipt. Few days later got another notice with title "We have received NAME's Personalised Employment Pass application and payment"

So acknowledgement of both application and they matched payment (all good).

However, the STATUS link ask for a NRIC No / FIN / Malaysian New IC No (which I don't have) and then asked for passport and birthdate, however no record appears. Am I doing anything wrong or simply takes a few more days for it to appear in the system?

VB2018

Post by VB2018 » Fri, 02 Aug 2019 10:07 am

Usually the status is available in 2 to 3 business days.

Globetrottr

Post by Globetrottr » Fri, 23 Aug 2019 8:11 am

Just to share my few cents to help others

1. It took exactly 8 weeks and a day.
2. The call center is helpful but can’t do much.
3. I had accidentally missed my local contact details, which may have extended the processing. I.e. give everything in your submission. Do not assume :)
4. After 8 weeks are over the call center team will give you options such as expediting the request or request for update from the case officer. Not sure if it will help, but atleast it gives some momentum. And you may get a chance to know the reason for delay if any

Hope this helps

Ogamer

Post by Ogamer » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 7:37 am

Would like to ask a related question about the PEP....or more specifically, the IPA.

If an applicant decides not to go ahead with the actual PEP issuance after receiving the IPA, does that count towards the PEP being "used" ? That is to say, the applicant will not be able to apply for the IPA the second time round since the PEP is a once-off employment pass.

Many thanks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:54 am

Ogamer wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 7:37 am
Would like to ask a related question about the PEP....or more specifically, the IPA.

If an applicant decides not to go ahead with the actual PEP issuance after receiving the IPA, does that count towards the PEP being "used" ? That is to say, the applicant will not be able to apply for the IPA the second time round since the PEP is a once-off employment pass.

Many thanks.
Read the IPA again. It has a validity after which it will expire. I dont think they will allow you to apply for PEP again as you didnt use it once when it was approved

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:10 pm

I would be inclined to agree with sf. It's not written anywhere and they keep their cards close to the chest, but one we do know of is the offer of PR that used to be given to certain foreign students in the government universities here. We know of a number of cases over the past 15 years here were a student did NOT take up the offer PR and then a couple of years later applied. They were all rejected. Now if the government saw fit to offer them PR upon graduation, I cannot see any reason to reject them a few years later but the government is vindictive as hell when they offer something and YOU reject them. (They don't like having the shoe put on the other foot, as it were.

But at the end of the day, you buys your ticket and takes your chances.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

TejPalG

Post by TejPalG » Mon, 17 Feb 2020 1:12 pm

Hi All,

I applied for my PEP about 10 weeks ago. I applied it online and not via SingPost like most of you here have. I'd like to know - is it typical for an application to take over 8 weeks?

Also, has anyone here applied for PEP online? What was your experience like and what was the timeline for the outcome?

Additionally, do you guys recommend reaching out to the department to get an update? I understand everyone is super busy at the moment with the current affairs. Do let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,