Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
kskk

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by kskk » Sun, 14 Feb 2021 2:49 pm

Hey all, I'm pretty lucky. I applied on 29th Dec 2020, called them around 21st Jan 2021 to request them to expedite, got it approved on 25th Jan 2021.

Based on the comments in this forum, I'm guessing being Malaysian Chinese helps.

shoaib.rahman

Post by shoaib.rahman » Tue, 09 Mar 2021 5:47 pm

I got approved after 15 weeks (exactly one day after I called to request that it be expedited).

richsing

Post by richsing » Mon, 22 Mar 2021 7:25 am

Sharing my timeline. Approved exactly 8 weeks to the day. DP for wife not showing as approved yet though (applied at the same time)

Abhicrm

Post by Abhicrm » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 1:33 am

Hello All,

I found this thread very useful, I am ep holder wherein ep is expiring in June 1st week, I have applied for my PEP in last month and currently 5 weeks have passed since I have applied for pep.
Question: my company tried renewing ep but they could not as pep application going on ,I will be working with same firm but found pep to be useful as its for 3 years and later can apply for pr, shall I wait for my pep outcome as it may take more than 8 weeks, my concern is if pep takes longer and results are negative than I will not have enough time to renew my EP as well.
So shall withdraw my pep application and get ep renewed or I should just wait for PEP outcome, because withdrawing pep application also takes around 3 weeks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Apr 2021 1:19 pm

I've tried to answer this three times and after rereading it I had to delete it due to my nature of not blowing smoke, I'd be ruffling feathers.

The best thing I can say is flip a coin. It matters naught what you do, the gamble is still there. And all because you wanted an extra 12 months for your next work pass. (The only real difference between the PEP and EP is 12 months (PEP is dangerous as it's a one time only pass and not sponsored by any company and has a higher threshold monetarily than the EP) It is not really a stepping stone to PR (It was in it's original inception back when it was for 5 years but was just being used as a means of having a 5 year window with some codicils) You are just as likely to gain PR from an EP. But you made your decision and sadly we don't have any anecdotal evidence due to the slowdown in all government ministries due to the pandemic. Good Luck. Hope that roll of the dice is lucky.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Pepapril

Post by Pepapril » Mon, 19 Apr 2021 4:39 pm

Hi @abhicrm... Any update on your application? I applied last week. Would be keen to know from others how long it is taking now a days for approvals.

richsing

Post by richsing » Mon, 26 Apr 2021 2:07 pm

Pepapril wrote:
Mon, 19 Apr 2021 4:39 pm
Hi @abhicrm... Any update on your application? I applied last week. Would be keen to know from others how long it is taking now a days for approvals.
Based on my experience and others on here, it takes a minimum of 8 weeks and there is no point chasing it until then. During Covid disruption, this timeframe became extended as there were a surge of applications from people fearing retrenchment (based reading threads on here).

Believe things are back to normal, but expect 8 weeks min IF all your docs are in order and no adverse issues with your application.

Also consider why you would want a PEP. hey have limited benefits and a number of potential disadvantages. I have one approved but not issued yet (about to issue). Had to really think about the pros and cons of my own situation to make the right decision for me.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Tue, 27 Apr 2021 9:20 am

^^^^^^^^
This! Excellent point.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

wnext

Post by wnext » Thu, 29 Apr 2021 9:34 am

Hi,

Currently holding an EP, will apply for PEP, going to resign from current job

Question 1: is it better to exchange the EP with PEP as soon as PEP is approved or after the resignation and the cancellation of the EP?

Question 2: is the minimum income for the fiscal year prorated?
Assuming PEP is approved in June and I take it in August
From August to December, do I have to make:
144000?
144000*5/12 (as PEP replaced EP in August)?
144000*7/12 (as PEP was approved in June)?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Post by Myasis Dragon » Thu, 29 Apr 2021 10:52 am

wnext wrote:
Thu, 29 Apr 2021 9:34 am
Hi,

Currently holding an EP, will apply for PEP, going to resign from current job

Question 1: is it better to exchange the EP with PEP as soon as PEP is approved or after the resignation and the cancellation of the EP?

Question 2: is the minimum income for the fiscal year prorated?
Assuming PEP is approved in June and I take it in August
From August to December, do I have to make:
144000?
144000*5/12 (as PEP replaced EP in August)?
144000*7/12 (as PEP was approved in June)?

Thanks

There is nothing to prorate. You must be earning at least SGD 12,000 PER MONTH to apply.

An Employment Pass holder earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi ... quirements

You must earn a fixed salary of at least $144,000 per year to keep your PEP. If you have only worked 5 months on your PEP, then you need to have earned 5 * $12,000 = $60,000.

wnext

Post by wnext » Thu, 29 Apr 2021 1:23 pm

Thank you Myasis.

Adrowhat

Post by Adrowhat » Fri, 07 May 2021 9:40 pm

Hi folks,

Such a valuable forum…want to keep it going. This stuff is so stressful, so love that we can keep each other updated to reduce some of that stress!

I’ve just applied today (07/05/2021). I have my EP until the end of June, so really hoping this gets approved by then (or at least by end of July after my 30 days post-EP cancellation).

Question though: let’s say I haven’t received an approval by end of June (which I think is likely), is there a way to extend that 30 day post-EP cancellation period?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else!

Cheers!

Pepapril

Post by Pepapril » Sat, 08 May 2021 6:01 pm

It has been 4 weeks now since I applied. The status is still showing pending. I really hope they approve by 8th week.

lccp

Post by lccp » Mon, 10 May 2021 5:00 am

PEP applied for a week ago. Criteria fully met but conscience of recent border closures / times aren’t great. Has anyone been rejected from a PEP application even though all criteria met? How long are processing times been in 2021?

Adrowhat

Post by Adrowhat » Mon, 10 May 2021 1:41 pm

lccp wrote:
Mon, 10 May 2021 5:00 am
PEP applied for a week ago. Criteria fully met but conscience of recent border closures / times aren’t great. Has anyone been rejected from a PEP application even though all criteria met? How long are processing times been in 2021?
Would love an answer to this too. People keep telling me the PEP is pretty straight forward and as long as you meet the criteria you’re good to go, but I’m so sceptical and cautious about anything immigration related in SG…