Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
kirpi_e

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by kirpi_e » Thu, 10 Sep 2020 1:54 pm

I have get my cards in 5 days, including my PEP and my familiy's DPs.

Dont worry MOM is handling these quick.

ALso , you can give MOM a call and try to expedite process. THey are quite helpful.

sid123

Post by sid123 » Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:11 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:39 am
sid123 wrote:
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:48 am
Hi,

I am in a bit of a situation here and need some guidance. I am currently on EP, applied for PEP in May and received IPA in August. I have my dependents (wife and 2 kids on DP) staying with me in SG for last 2.5 years while I have been here for 3+ years now. My kids attend International School here.

I was in discussions with a prospective employer for a new job. They confirmed the position to me once I received my IPA for PEP. They want me to join me from 1st October, which I can do basis my PEP now. My current employer is cooperative, and I have discussed about leaving and started working on the handover of my stuff.

I have applied for new DPs for my dependents on 31st August only basis my PEP. The issue is that when I resign officially with my current employer (I can do so on 16th September as per 2-week notice rule) effective 30th Sep, they will cancel my existing EP and DPs. While I will move over to PEP, my dependents will be issued STVP with 30 days limit (30th Oct).

My fear is that new DPs may not get issued until 8th or 9th week from 31st August- ie only around 31st October or later considering the workload at MOM. Will my wife and kids have to go back to home country if their new DPs are not approved by 31st October? It is a touch and go situation - it would be a lot of hassle if I have to cancel school admission, send them to home country and again bring them back after a few weeks and get fresh admission here plus issues related to finding flights and serving stay home periods due to covid.

If someone who has gone through transition from EP to PEP or a similar experience, please provide some guidance. Thanks in advance.
Don't get too worried. Once the STVP is issued, contact ICA and ask for extension of STVP. I think they will be amenable to an extension given the current circumstances. Given them the full info and I'm reasonably confident an extension will be approved.
Not sure if that solves your kids school situation, but at least it will allow them to stay in Singapore.
Thanks for your reply. I called MOM on Monday to expedite my case and received IPA for my DPs today. All worries gone now!!

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 18 Sep 2020 7:05 am

sid123 wrote:
Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:11 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:39 am
sid123 wrote:
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 10:48 am
Hi,

I am in a bit of a situation here and need some guidance. I am currently on EP, applied for PEP in May and received IPA in August. I have my dependents (wife and 2 kids on DP) staying with me in SG for last 2.5 years while I have been here for 3+ years now. My kids attend International School here.

I was in discussions with a prospective employer for a new job. They confirmed the position to me once I received my IPA for PEP. They want me to join me from 1st October, which I can do basis my PEP now. My current employer is cooperative, and I have discussed about leaving and started working on the handover of my stuff.

I have applied for new DPs for my dependents on 31st August only basis my PEP. The issue is that when I resign officially with my current employer (I can do so on 16th September as per 2-week notice rule) effective 30th Sep, they will cancel my existing EP and DPs. While I will move over to PEP, my dependents will be issued STVP with 30 days limit (30th Oct).

My fear is that new DPs may not get issued until 8th or 9th week from 31st August- ie only around 31st October or later considering the workload at MOM. Will my wife and kids have to go back to home country if their new DPs are not approved by 31st October? It is a touch and go situation - it would be a lot of hassle if I have to cancel school admission, send them to home country and again bring them back after a few weeks and get fresh admission here plus issues related to finding flights and serving stay home periods due to covid.

If someone who has gone through transition from EP to PEP or a similar experience, please provide some guidance. Thanks in advance.
Don't get too worried. Once the STVP is issued, contact ICA and ask for extension of STVP. I think they will be amenable to an extension given the current circumstances. Given them the full info and I'm reasonably confident an extension will be approved.
Not sure if that solves your kids school situation, but at least it will allow them to stay in Singapore.
Thanks for your reply. I called MOM on Monday to expedite my case and received IPA for my DPs today. All worries gone now!!
Great to hear!

mikegrande

Post by mikegrande » Thu, 24 Sep 2020 6:19 pm

Hi everyone, I just got my approval email from MOM today (24/09/2020). Date applied 24/07/2020.

I called MOM today (24 Sept) and told the operator that more than 8 weeks had passed. The operator took my contact information and said she will get the application expedited.

Good luck to the others who are still waiting!

PeppaSep

Post by PeppaSep » Mon, 19 Oct 2020 2:33 am

Hey folks, it’s a bit silent here now. I ‘ve been following this thread and really liked the way members were tracking and rooting for each other’s PEP applications filed during Apr to July time period...is there another thread that’s tracking application times for more recent PEP applications I.e., Aug Sept period. If yes, pls point me to that.

If not, maybe I can share my details and request others to also post their details:

- Current EP holder in SG, applied PEP for self ( 4 Sep) and attached DPs for family (10th Sep)
- coming up on 6 weeks today...I guess the consensus is to wait for 8 weeks and if it doesn’t come through, start seeking updates and ask for expedites from MOM

Any other recent applications keen to share their application details?

Thanks!

shita29

Post by shita29 » Mon, 26 Oct 2020 12:02 pm

I have a question on PEP - would appreciate if anyone can shed some light. If I get the PEP approved and let’s say start working for a company. Can the company apply EP for me in the future (given PEP is only valid for 2 years)? Or I have to wait for them to get IPA for my EP before I can start my employment with them.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Oct 2020 12:20 am

Sure, no problem, however, there are no guarantees that an EP will be approved. PEP is based on different criteria than an EP is. EP criteria may well change between now and whenever. There are going to be a lot of people who are going to get burned by the PEP as it's a good way to give people a two year grace period and can easily turn down Ep applications later applied for. I think it was a good move as it avoids a lot of mess as the PEP cannot be renewed or reissued so it a good way to get rid of a lot of FTs over the next two or three years if they are subsequently rejected for EP after after giving them up for the PEPs. In answer to your question yes you need to wait for the IPA if you have already canceled your PEP or it has run out. However, yes you can work on a valid PEP until the IPA is issued, if it is issued.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

shita29

Post by shita29 » Tue, 27 Oct 2020 7:38 am

Thanks for the reply. My main concern is that if a company already employed me under PEP then later if they want to apply for my EP, how can they meet government’s requirement on fair consideration and advertising? I

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Oct 2020 10:16 am

If you are still working for the same company under a PEP, you would not be a new hire but just a change of status. I don't there there is any issue there.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Scandiphile

Post by Scandiphile » Sat, 14 Nov 2020 1:04 am

Hi everyone

My husband had his PEP application approved this week after just over a 10-week wait. The applications for dependents passes for the rest of the family were also approved at the same time.

We proceeded with our requests to enter Singapore and were surprised (and hugely disappointed) to hear that they were rejected. My husband called MoM and was advised that it could be for any number of reasons and that we should just keep trying.

Does anyone have any recent experience of this process? Should we apply for the same travel date again? We are looking for approval asap for a number of reasons that I won't go into here, but are aware that it takes a full 24 hours for each request to be processed and don't want to waste any time.

Many thanks in advance :)

shita29

Post by shita29 » Mon, 16 Nov 2020 2:13 pm

Hello guys, my PEP was approved after 8 weeks and multiple follow ups call. Just when I intend to apply DPs for my kids then I realize the processing time is also 8 week. Based on your experience, will MoM drag this for another 8 weeks ? This will have an implication on when do I need to cancel my existing EP and get PEP issued.

mikegrande

Post by mikegrande » Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:24 pm

Does the FIN change when switching to PEP from EP?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:49 pm

The only time the FIN will change is if you are granted either PR or SGC. Until then your FIN remains the same as it was on your very first residency visa be it LTVP, DP or WP/S/EP or PEP. It is the unique identifier for an individual until they reach the PR or SGC level. At that time (reaching PR you will be issued with an NRIC number that will effectively replace the FIN number.

mikegrande

Post by mikegrande » Wed, 25 Nov 2020 1:11 pm

Thank you Moderator
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:49 pm
The only time the FIN will change is if you are granted either PR or SGC. Until then your FIN remains the same as it was on your very first residency visa be it LTVP, DP or WP/S/EP or PEP. It is the unique identifier for an individual until they reach the PR or SGC level. At that time (reaching PR you will be issued with an NRIC number that will effectively replace the FIN number.

XavierM

Post by XavierM » Mon, 30 Nov 2020 1:59 pm

Hi,

I applied on Early october, is almost 8 weeks. Do anyone knows if october passes are being released ?
maybe someone can tell some timings in this last months ?