Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
rajasekharnaiduK

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by rajasekharnaiduK » Mon, 03 Apr 2023 7:21 pm

Hi All,
My PEP is approved today 3rd April, 2023. I got approval after 3 months 5 days. I applied on 29th Dec, 2022.

rajasekharnaiduK

Post by rajasekharnaiduK » Mon, 03 Apr 2023 7:39 pm

baytobeach wrote:
Sun, 02 Apr 2023 10:26 am
Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone has any advice -

I'm looking at week #11 of PEP under processing. Thought I'd give it a couple more weeks, called MOM last week and got an expedition case number but my status still shows as " Pending"

Am currently employed at a senior role in a global corporate, and exceed the current salary threshold for PEP + have degrees from legit universities (so I don't see that as being an issue). I haven't received any requests for additional documents either - I confirmed this when I called MOM last week.

My role has been impacted as part of ongoing worldwide layoffs at my employer's, and my EP will be terminated in a couple of months.

My understanding is that a new employer cannot apply for EP while PEP is under processing, is that correct? I would love to have a resolution either way on my PEP application, so I can ask prospective employers to apply for an EP for me!
Hi,
My PEP is approved today, I applied on 29th Dec, 2022. It took 3 months 5 days for me to get approval.

baytobeach

Post by baytobeach » Tue, 04 Apr 2023 2:08 pm

rajasekharnaiduK wrote:
Mon, 03 Apr 2023 7:20 pm
Hi All,
I am happy to share good news about my PEP approval.
I applied on 29th Dec, 2022 and approval received on 3rd April, 2023. It took almost 3 months 5 days.
I was optimistic on my PEP approval. Please be optimistic about your approval.
Hey congratulations on the approval! I'm a bit relieved to hear that there are others who are in a similar boat to me (>3 months and waiting!)

Did you receive any requests from MOM for additional information etc. while you were awaiting their response? I know people who received such requests, and their PEPs were approved within 1-2 days from that. It has been radio silence on my end, so I'm starting to get a bit concerned...

Mantrig82

Post by Mantrig82 » Tue, 11 Apr 2023 10:57 am

Is it safe to apply for PEP as an individual or would you recommend going through an agency?

If applying as an individual can you submit it online?

P.S. Am EP holder meeting all criteria outlined, EP expires by end of of this year.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Apr 2023 4:40 pm

Does anybody have any anecdotal evidence of an EP holder having given up their EP for PEP say 3 or 4 years ago and had it expire (it's not renewable) and were able to stay with the same company and actually regain their EP. I've never heard of one but I be interested to know if anybody knows of one (not hearsay only).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 11 Apr 2023 6:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 11 Apr 2023 4:40 pm
Does anybody have any anecdotal evidence of an EP holder having given up their EP for PEP say 3 or 4 years ago and had it expire (it's not renewable) and were able to stay with the same company and actually regain their EP. I've never heard of one but I be interested to know if anybody knows of one (not hearsay only).
Hi SMS, Had my colleague who went through this scenario. Both got our PEP at the same time and I transitioned to PR and he didn't get his PR and moved again to EP with the same employer.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Apr 2023 8:34 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 11 Apr 2023 6:52 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 11 Apr 2023 4:40 pm
Hi SMS, Had my colleague who went through this scenario. Both got our PEP at the same time and I transitioned to PR and he didn't get his PR and moved again to EP with the same employer.
That's good to hear. It is good to have some first hand knowledge that it can actually happen. Will probably ease the mind of a fair number of our readers as well, I'm sure.
\:D/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

baytobeach

Post by baytobeach » Fri, 14 Apr 2023 3:22 pm

Hi all - finally got my PEP approved, after ~13 weeks, and nearly 10 days after getting an expedition case number. Received no requests or other communication from MOM in the interim period.

Just wanted to share this in case there are others who are also waiting for their PEPs and it's taking longer than the indicative 8 week timeline.

Russ-in-sg

Post by Russ-in-sg » Thu, 20 Apr 2023 3:59 pm

Coming here to add data point, applied evening of 28/02/2023, received approval today (20/04/2023), just shy of 8 weeks, they didn't contact me for any more documents and I didn't phone them to follow up.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Apr 2023 1:36 am

It's like I've always said here, lengths of time from ICA and MOM are purely indicative only and not carved in stone. Always remember government operate on rubbetime., e.g., How long is a piece of string? It is what it is.

Mantrig82

Post by Mantrig82 » Wed, 17 May 2023 6:26 pm

Need some inputs from this group:-

Am currently on EP & have applied for my PEP (Personalized EP) only because I am likely be impacted by ongoing workforce retrenchment exercise that my organization is amidst of. In the interim, I have started exploring new opportunities in other countries as well.

Now, I might get a job in other country (outside of Singapore), so will surrender my current EP (resign & move out of Singapore) while IPA has not yet arrived.

1. Let's assume (hypothetically) post 5 months I have an IPA for PEP, not happy with my next job and landed a job in Singapore (this is 5 months post surrendering my EP) - Can I still come and use the IPA to start working in Singapore or would it be null & void since I have left Singapore.

2. Also, if I receive a IPA and never got a PEP issued then can I still apply for a PEP in future the second time? Or the one time rule applies to the IPA as well irrespective of whether I got PEP issued or not.

Inputs from this group will be highly appreciated.

Mantrig82

Post by Mantrig82 » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 6:26 pm

Hello all - Wanted to keep you posted that I received my IPA for PEP today, it's been exactly 6 weeks & 5 days (applied on 15 Apr 2023). There was no follow up from either sides and directly received the IPA in email.

If anyone can share inputs to my previous post (just the one before this one), then it would be extremely helpful.

jayzzz

Post by jayzzz » Thu, 01 Jun 2023 11:39 pm

hi,I applied PEP on March 21. And on April 6, received an email which said I missed some documents. And I provided documents on April 8. Till now(11weeks),I don’t get any outcomes.I called mom for some times and got 2 case number, but seems 2 case number don’t work. I got an offer and new company cannot apply EP because PEP is processing. I have a question: The start time of 8 weeks is 21/03 or 08/04? Does anyone try to withdraw the application?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Jun 2023 10:03 pm

The length of time is "how long is a piece of string?" They say 8 weeks, and probably 50% of the time they make it. But they will never 'guarantee' it will ONLY take 8 weeks. It is what it is. You cut it to close to the wire normally you gonna get burned.

Izaboo

Post by Izaboo » Wed, 19 Jul 2023 9:35 am

Application for PEP on May 24th
Positive reply received on July 8th
Processing time: 6.5 weeks