Singapore Expats

PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: PEP processing time (personal employment pass)

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 28 Dec 2022 2:08 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 11:05 pm
zegnaangelo wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:50 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 26 Dec 2022 10:38 pm

SMS, my understanding is his PEP IPA has been extended by a couple of months and yet to issue his PEP.

He is asking if he can let the IPA expire and reapply later for PEP assuming he didn't issue the PEP this time.
correct you are right. i only have IPA but not issued PEP.

To be honest I don't see why its so difficult to come to Singapore. If they don't wanna give me PEP/EP who cares then. Why must I beg them? It's just too difficult.
These are the rules. Accept it or leave it. There is a long queue of people who are grateful for getting a job offer and working visa in Sg. Fyi, no one asked you to beg.
Right, I think sometimes people forget just how small singapore really is, there isn't room for just anybody to come in.

baytobeach

Post by baytobeach » Wed, 28 Dec 2022 3:20 pm

Deleted post

avr

Post by avr » Thu, 02 Feb 2023 3:49 pm

Rocketboy wrote:
Mon, 31 May 2021 6:14 pm
Hi Everyone, new on this forum, also want to share my timeline:

As of today it has been exactly 11 weeks and still pending.

I called MOM on May 21st asking to expedite, was given a case number and was told "call us back in 3 working days if no outcome", called again today, gave the case number and was told "your case number has a note that says - outcome by June 4th, you can call us on June 5th if still no outcome and we then can expedite second time"...

If I really have to wait to june 5th that would be 11 weeks waiting time :o
Hi, Did you got your PEP ? I am facing a similar issue. My PEP is now over due from 8 weeks and i have got a case number

sabssr

Post by sabssr » Fri, 03 Feb 2023 5:04 pm

I am in similar situation as well. My application is still pending. It is been 10 weeks and few days. I have also called to expedite the application.

@avr When exactly did you apply ?

sabssr

Post by sabssr » Fri, 03 Feb 2023 5:06 pm

Anyone got PEP recently. Would like to know the processing time these days ?

Ajaks

Post by Ajaks » Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:15 am

Hey all..
Anyone applied recently for PEP from abroad ?what's the tracker like oflate?
I filed one today Feb 17 ...🤞

wuzhemin

Post by wuzhemin » Wed, 15 Mar 2023 11:19 am

Anyone has an idea about recent PEP processing time? Applied online on 13Jan2023 (MOM confirmation received on 17Jan2023). Online status is still pending. Called MOM today to request an expedition, but not sure how helpful.

My tricky situation is that I got laid off by my former company about 2 months ago. My garden leave will end next month (10th April), so upon then my current EP will be cancelled. And I'm getting a new job offer from another company, however the new company is a bit concerned about the timing I could start with them. They expect me to start as soon as possible but my PEP is still pending. And also given this, they are not able to lodge an EP application for me given I have a pending application with MOM already, unless I withdraw my PEP application which could take another 3 weeks to process according to the MOM rep. So, seems I'm doomed here, :?

Anyone got similar experience and any suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

SusuLUO

Post by SusuLUO » Fri, 17 Mar 2023 9:36 am

I applied online on 13Jan2023 too, and I got an email yesterday night ask for more documents, so I guess you'll also get some feed back recently . Good luck!
wuzhemin wrote:
Wed, 15 Mar 2023 11:19 am
Anyone has an idea about recent PEP processing time? Applied online on 13Jan2023 (MOM confirmation received on 17Jan2023). Online status is still pending. Called MOM today to request an expedition, but not sure how helpful.

My tricky situation is that I got laid off by my former company about 2 months ago. My garden leave will end next month (10th April), so upon then my current EP will be cancelled. And I'm getting a new job offer from another company, however the new company is a bit concerned about the timing I could start with them. They expect me to start as soon as possible but my PEP is still pending. And also given this, they are not able to lodge an EP application for me given I have a pending application with MOM already, unless I withdraw my PEP application which could take another 3 weeks to process according to the MOM rep. So, seems I'm doomed here, :?

Anyone got similar experience and any suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

SusuLUO

Post by SusuLUO » Fri, 17 Mar 2023 9:38 am

Anyone know how long time MOM need after they got the more documents they asked? thanks a lot

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Mar 2023 3:21 pm

How long is a piece of string? Nobody here actually works for ICA and they keep their card VERY close to their collective chests.
carnac.jpg
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Fri, 17 Mar 2023 4:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 17 Mar 2023 3:21 pm
How long is a piece of string? Nobody here actually works for ICA and they keep their card VERY close to their collective chests.

carnac.jpg
MOM, not ICA in this case... But yea, same thing :)

wuzhemin

Post by wuzhemin » Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:26 am

SusuLUO wrote:
Fri, 17 Mar 2023 9:38 am
Anyone know how long time MOM need after they got the more documents they asked? thanks a lot
I finally got my PEP approved yesterday. Yes, I was also asked to provide official proof of a bank account ownership on Thursday 16Mar2023 (the original bank documents I provided were missing account holder name). I provided the official documents immediately right after receiving the MOM email. My PEP then got approved the next day 17Mar2023.

SusuLUO

Post by SusuLUO » Fri, 24 Mar 2023 6:12 pm

Congrats !!!! I provided the documents they asked ( 3 month payslips) on March 20 but still pending now....... maybe 6 month payslips is better? Feeling tired..
wuzhemin wrote:
Sat, 18 Mar 2023 11:26 am
SusuLUO wrote:
Fri, 17 Mar 2023 9:38 am
I finally got my PEP approved yesterday. Yes, I was also asked to provide official proof of a bank account ownership on Thursday 16Mar2023 (the original bank documents I provided were missing account holder name). I provided the official documents immediately right after receiving the MOM email. My PEP then got approved the next day 17Mar2023.

baytobeach

Post by baytobeach » Sun, 02 Apr 2023 10:26 am

Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone has any advice -

I'm looking at week #11 of PEP under processing. Thought I'd give it a couple more weeks, called MOM last week and got an expedition case number but my status still shows as " Pending"

Am currently employed at a senior role in a global corporate, and exceed the current salary threshold for PEP + have degrees from legit universities (so I don't see that as being an issue). I haven't received any requests for additional documents either - I confirmed this when I called MOM last week.

My role has been impacted as part of ongoing worldwide layoffs at my employer's, and my EP will be terminated in a couple of months.

My understanding is that a new employer cannot apply for EP while PEP is under processing, is that correct? I would love to have a resolution either way on my PEP application, so I can ask prospective employers to apply for an EP for me!

rajasekharnaiduK

Post by rajasekharnaiduK » Mon, 03 Apr 2023 7:20 pm

Hi All,
I am happy to share good news about my PEP approval.
I applied on 29th Dec, 2022 and approval received on 3rd April, 2023. It took almost 3 months 5 days.
I was optimistic on my PEP approval. Please be optimistic about your approval.