Singapore Expats

Day care in Singapore?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
laviusa

Day care in Singapore?

Post by laviusa » Wed, 06 Jun 2018 12:20 am

Hi, my family is moving from the US, and we have a 2.5 year old. Here she is an excellent all-day (8 am -6 pm) day care as we both work full time. I'm wondering what the situation is in Singapore. Are there similar arrangements - i.e., day care that is for the whole day? Or is day care only for a couple of hours? Or do most people have nannies to care for their kids? Would really appreciate some input, as well as recommendations for day care (if any). I would like to get a sense of what we can expect in terms of options. Thanks so very much

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Day care in Singapore?

Post by bcheng74 » Thu, 07 Jun 2018 1:06 pm

laviusa wrote:Hi, my family is moving from the US, and we have a 2.5 year old. Here she is an excellent all-day (8 am -6 pm) day care as we both work full time. I'm wondering what the situation is in Singapore. Are there similar arrangements - i.e., day care that is for the whole day? Or is day care only for a couple of hours? Or do most people have nannies to care for their kids? Would really appreciate some input, as well as recommendations for day care (if any). I would like to get a sense of what we can expect in terms of options. Thanks so very much
You have two options:

1. Sending the kid to local day care from 7am-7pm.
2. Hiring a live-in domestic helper to baby sit the kid at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk