Singapore Expats

LVTP and LOC questions

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ribenzo

LVTP and LOC questions

Post by ribenzo » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 12:59 pm

Hello,

I was pleasantly surprised to see my LVTP approved a few days after verification of the documents. Now job hunting and having some questions about the LOC.

Assuming I find an employer willing to hire me, is MOM making it easier to get a LOC rather than an EP? When working with LOC, are there some mandatory CPF contributions?

Thanks

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: LVTP and LOC questions

Post by bgd » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 2:45 pm

No CPF, just tax. :D

I believe it is easier for the employer, lower thresholds than an EP. The hard work is already done, i.e. your partner's pass.

The only issue you may encounter is finding employers that understand what a LOC is.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: LVTP and LOC questions

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 9:16 pm

ribenzo wrote:Hello,

I was pleasantly surprised to see my LVTP approved a few days after verification of the documents. Now job hunting and having some questions about the LOC.

Assuming I find an employer willing to hire me, is MOM making it easier to get a LOC rather than an EP? When working with LOC, are there some mandatory CPF contributions?

Thanks
As noted by bgd, no CPF, just personal income tax.

There are no quotas, no fees, and no minimum salaries associated with working on a LOC, only the approval of MoM is required.

Having said that, it appears that a lot of employers still don't know that the LOC is available, while others will be somewhat skittish to hire you under a LOC because you can no longer work if the underlying LTVP were to go away.

Additionally, it seems as though MoM is watching much more carefully for types of jobs being applied for under the LOC. I don't think the original intention was to allow any foreigner to take a "reserved" or "prohibited" job, even though there are no restrictions, per se, on the LOC.

Thus, if you're applying for a LOC for a "real" job... skilled or professional... probably no issues in acquiring the LOC. If the company applying for you has had run-ins with MoM over hiring practices, or the job being offered isn't worthy of a LOC in MoM's eyes, probably lots of issues.

rishabh2809

Re: LVTP documents help

Post by rishabh2809 » Tue, 10 Jul 2018 9:25 am

Hello,

This is my first post. Thanks for your help.

I am a new PR granted just last month. I was earlier working EP along with my wife (she was on DP). After getting PR, I applied for LTVP of my wife and just received request for document submission to ICA. Need your suggestions on following documents:

* Sponsor's CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution (My Statement - Contribution History) for the last 12 months;
Ques: Since it has been less than a month of my PR, I do not have any CPF contribution. Is it okay to okay to submit with 0 cpf contribution?

* Sponsor's Profit and Loss Statement for the last 3 years(Original and Photocopy)
* Sponsor's valid Business Profile from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA);(Original and Photocopy)
Ques: Is above two applicable to me? As i am currently employed as regular employee. However, I was employed under my own company till March 2018 but have already left the company.

* Letter from Hospital/Doctor stating medical condition of Applicant/Local Sponsor/Family member
Ques: Is there any medical form for this? Do i need to go to clinic and medical check up to get the letter ? Do i need to get it for both of US.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks