Singapore Expats

SPR's can no more meet the MP's for PR appeal!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ganeshv02

SPR's can no more meet the MP's for PR appeal!

Post by ganeshv02 » Mon, 04 Jun 2018 8:35 pm

I have been reading various forums about PR appeal. I am SPR but my SPR application of my wife and daughter was rejected recently. I went to meet the MP today through the MEET THE PEOPLE SESSION. We were not entertained and told only Singaporean can meet the MP. Even if I go with a Singaporean, we are still not allowed any more to meet MP's for PR appeal and we have to deal with ICA directly. I would like to post this information as there has been lot of false information floating around in this website so better not to waste time. Hence my post.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: SPR's can no more meet the MP's for PR appeal!

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 9:50 am

ganeshv02 wrote:I have been reading various forums about PR appeal. I am SPR but my SPR application of my wife and daughter was rejected recently. I went to meet the MP today through the MEET THE PEOPLE SESSION. We were not entertained and told only Singaporean can meet the MP. Even if I go with a Singaporean, we are still not allowed any more to meet MP's for PR appeal and we have to deal with ICA directly. I would like to post this information as there has been lot of false information floating around in this website so better not to waste time. Hence my post.
What do you want the MP to do?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 10:26 am

ganeshv02 wrote:I have been reading various forums about PR appeal. I am SPR but my SPR application of my wife and daughter was rejected recently. I went to meet the MP today through the MEET THE PEOPLE SESSION. We were not entertained and told only Singaporean can meet the MP. Even if I go with a Singaporean, we are still not allowed any more to meet MP's for PR appeal and we have to deal with ICA directly. I would like to post this information as there has been lot of false information floating around in this website so better not to waste time. Hence my post.
How long have you been married for?
I am in a similar situation but I wouldn't ever expect any help from an MP.
Not until the day that PR's get to vote LOL

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:06 am

I can't remember any mention on here of an MP ever making any difference with respect to PR or SC applications.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:07 pm

It really doesn't many any difference, MP or not. But you cannot tell people who want to hear but refuse to listen.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

blaxsnake

Post by blaxsnake » Wed, 06 Jun 2018 2:10 pm

oh seriously? few months back i tried to go to neighbor CC but was told that i need to come together with sponsor (PR or singaporean).. so i have not come back there ever since.. they didnt mention strictly only singaporean can sponsor .. i also told them i need to get MP letter for my PR application but they didnt say that i cannot do that..

YKit

Post by YKit » Sat, 09 Jun 2018 11:56 am

Stop cross-posting 14 times in multiple forums and threads. Your question will be read without you spamming the boards. I have deleted your redundant posts.

Moderator.

blaxsnake

Post by blaxsnake » Thu, 21 Jun 2018 12:22 pm

so hows the update so far? is PR allowed to sponsor PR application or to meet MP ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Jun 2018 6:49 pm

It's whatever your MPS will allow.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers