Singapore Expats

Online PR Application Outcome?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
krana85

Online PR Application Outcome?

Post by krana85 » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 5:05 pm

Hi,

I would like to check if anyone got PR outcome after applying online in Dec 2017, as my PR status shows still pending even after 5 months of application.
Thanks

jackyjacky88

Re: Online PR Application Outcome?

Post by jackyjacky88 » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 6:03 pm

krana85 wrote:Hi,

I would like to check if anyone got PR outcome after applying online in Dec 2017, as my PR status shows still pending even after 5 months of application.
Thanks
just sitback and relax.. im going for my 8months of waiting and there is ppl who have been waiting for 1.5 year without news..

cornhoilio

Post by cornhoilio » Sun, 03 Jun 2018 2:39 pm

Just got my PR approve this morning total waiting 7 months.

cupofcoffee

Post by cupofcoffee » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:03 am

It's more than 8 months for me, currently still pending.
Quite a few of my colleagues with a similar profile as mine received their results between 6 - 8 months. A couple of rejections, but mostly were approved. We're all PhD-trained scientist working either in academia or industrial R&D.

Haven't heard of any approvals before 6 months, so sit tight :)

admend

Post by admend » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 9:36 pm

cupofcoffee wrote:It's more than 8 months for me, currently still pending.
Quite a few of my colleagues with a similar profile as mine received their results between 6 - 8 months. A couple of rejections, but mostly were approved. We're all PhD-trained scientist working either in academia or industrial R&D.

Hi cupofcoffee,
As a fellow scientist, I would like to ask you the following. My wife and I, both PhDs with US training, got an offer as research scientists from A*star. We are both originally from Latin America and we would like to star a family in Singapore. How high do you think are our chances to get PR if we apply after being 6 months in the job? We don't care to send a future son to the military either. Thanks for your answer.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 10:49 pm

admend wrote:
cupofcoffee wrote:It's more than 8 months for me, currently still pending.

Hi cupofcoffee,
As a fellow scientist, I would like to ask you the following. My wife and I, both PhDs with US training, got an offer as research scientists from A*star. We are both originally from Latin America and we would like to star a family in Singapore. How high do you think are our chances to get PR if we apply after being 6 months in the job? We don't care to send a future son to the military either. Thanks for your answer.
Chances are decent only after you work in SG for atleast 2-3 years. Anything less than that is too early

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 10:52 pm

admend wrote:We are both originally from Latin America and we would like to star a family in Singapore. How high do you think are our chances to get PR if we apply after being 6 months in the job? We don't care to send a future son to the military either. Thanks for your answer.
So... you do want to accept the responsibilities of PR when you apply for it (no son doing NS)? Then don't apply for PR.

admend

Post by admend » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 11:00 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
admend wrote:We are both originally from Latin America and we would like to star a family in Singapore. How high do you think are our chances to get PR if we apply after being 6 months in the job? We don't care to send a future son to the military either. Thanks for your answer.
So... you do want to accept the responsibilities of PR when you apply for it (no son doing NS)? Then don't apply for PR.
I'm not sure if I was misunderstood. If we decide to move to Singapore, yes, we intend to accept all responsibilities, including sending a son to the military. Why do you recommend don't applying for PR? My question is about our possibilities of getting PR if we fully commit to live in Singapore.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 11:49 pm

admend wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
I'm not sure if I was misunderstood. If we decide to move to Singapore, yes, we intend to accept all responsibilities, including sending a son to the military. Why do you recommend don't applying for PR? My question is about our possibilities of getting PR if we fully commit to live in Singapore.
You wrote:
We don't care to send a future son to the military either.
Perhaps English is not your first language. As written, this sentence means that you do not want your future son to do military service, and that is why I wrote, "don't apply."

But if you meant to say, "We are OK if our son has to do military service in Singapore," then that is totally different and I retract my statement.

There are many people who post on this forum who want to apply for PR but do not want to apply for their sons. Then they wonder why their PR application was denied.

I would agree with other posters... unless you have something special to offer, 6 months is far too early to apply, especially because you are not Asian.

Rsd

Post by Rsd » Sat, 18 Aug 2018 3:59 pm

Applied on around last Dec end along with my spouse .. still pending.. I was waiting for my Wife’s Master degree completion from NTU to apply for PR last year but I got chance to apply only after ePR introduction. I am working here in MNC as an Engineer since last 4 years and I have stayed here more than 6 years. I also completed my 2nd Master degree in Engineering field from NTU. My first Master degree was from Europe. This is my first time applying for PR and it is the only hope to stay with my Wife together. Getting job for her is very difficult due to non technical background and she needs to leave Singapore soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwlun85

Post by cwlun85 » Tue, 21 Aug 2018 4:28 pm

Hai may I know whr r u come from?