Singapore Expats

Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Davi0123

Re: Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Post by Davi0123 » Thu, 27 Jun 2019 7:51 am

Hi guys,

I just received a unsuccessful regarding my my PMLA and was devasted by the outcome. Does a unsuccessful PMLA means LTVP will be a unsuccessful too? We intend to just ROM and apply for LTVP. Is it possible to appeal to ICA regarding our unsuccessful Pmla?

I am SC working in the civil sector with a salary range 2k-3k diploma , while my spouse to be she is a Chinese with a salary.. SGD$1.5 - 2k with Master. We intend to settle in Singapore once our LTVP is approved and she will be able to find a more decent salary job in Singapore. Any advice? Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Jun 2019 12:24 pm

Davi0123 wrote:
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 7:51 am
Hi guys,

I just received a unsuccessful regarding my my PMLA and was devasted by the outcome. Does a unsuccessful PMLA means LTVP will be a unsuccessful too? We intend to just ROM and apply for LTVP. Is it possible to appeal to ICA regarding our unsuccessful Pmla?

I am SC working in the civil sector with a salary range 2k-3k diploma , while my spouse to be she is a Chinese with a salary.. SGD$1.5 - 2k with Master. We intend to settle in Singapore once our LTVP is approved and she will be able to find a more decent salary job in Singapore. Any advice? Thanks!
If PMLA is rejected, then chances of LTVP being rejected is also very high. PMLA is like a step before LTVP. So, think and act carefully.

Davi0123

Post by Davi0123 » Thu, 27 Jun 2019 6:38 pm

Hi is it possible to appeal in regards to unsuccessful Pmla?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:48 am

Appeals only work if there is something actually RELEVANT to the original application that was inadvertently omitted.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ekabnn

Post by ekabnn » Wed, 25 Oct 2023 8:44 pm

Hi all, would love to hear updates from you guys.

I need advices. Im a SC & my wife is Thai, our PMLA was rejected too. Nevertheless we still proceeded to get married in Thailand. Then tried entering Singapore as a normal tourist after we got married but ICA officer told us that she needs some form of approval letter from ICA before she can enter.
I then submitted an stvp appeal & it was rejected.

Any idea how to tackle this?

Thank you

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 25 Oct 2023 9:52 pm

ekabnn wrote:
Wed, 25 Oct 2023 8:44 pm
Hi all, would love to hear updates from you guys.

I need advices. Im a SC & my wife is Thai, our PMLA was rejected too. Nevertheless we still proceeded to get married in Thailand. Then tried entering Singapore as a normal tourist after we got married but ICA officer told us that she needs some form of approval letter from ICA before she can enter.
I then submitted an stvp appeal & it was rejected.

Any idea how to tackle this?

Thank you
So much missing info. No head no tail. You need to give us more:

1. Did she work in SG before?
2. If yes, was it work permit?
2a. If it’s work permit, did you apply for permission to marry from MOM or not?
2b. If you didn’t apply permission, then you screwed up. Go live in another country.
3. If you got apply permission, did she commit any crime or violate the rules of her work pass?
4. How long you two know each other before marrying.
5. How long you’ve been working & salary?