Singapore Expats

Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 08 Apr 2019 1:00 pm

easy123 wrote:Hi,
Need advice from bro and sis here. Me and my viet gf know each other for more then 5 years when she's on WP then.. The employment agency duped her and she was under investigation for forged document during her employment here but she left the country before the investigation concluded 5 years ago. She never step in our shore after that. I go to her country a few times a year for the past 5 years and we feel its time to get married. She's reluctant to come over with me as she's afraid that the authority will open up her case and prosecute her when she land here . I come across this PMLV and would like to know what are the chances for her to come over. She has a point to concern and I do not wish to see her being sent to the jail. I will be 36 this year and she's 28.
You can only try.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Apr 2019 7:30 pm

Don't bother trying. It will be bounced.
know each other for more then 5 years when she's on WP then..
Before you do anything you need to get permission from the MOM to marry her in the first place as she worked here on WP. ALL WP and former WP holders MUST get permission from the MOM to marry unless the WP was upgraded to an S or EP pass while working here. Otherwise, die-die. PMLV no use unless already have permission from MOM. If she has unresolved issues with MOM or ICA I'd say she is in for a rough road.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

easy123

Post by easy123 » Tue, 09 Apr 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks bro for the advice.Whats the rational from MOM for us to request for this permission. Are WP holders lower class people? Also does it mean that she can't even transit in Singapore as we intend to go Bali. We just want to settle down and built our family here.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Apr 2019 3:00 pm

To your first question, in the eyes of MOM, yes. If you are a SGC then you should remember at least hearing about the graduate mother's scheme or the O level parents that LKY tried to use for social engineering. The rational is that smarter parents, in theory, should produce smarter offspring. However the last two generations of Singaporean has surely proven the lie to that.

As you only need a N level to get a work permit, you need at least a diploma (with 5-10 years experience) or a degree to get an S pass (a diploma won't do it by itself). Therefore the chances of having a smarter offspring (using Sg gov't think) are higher and therefore if a local wants to marry someone of low educational levels, they also probably don't have high education either therefore the government want to be able to hopefully either stop them from producing sub-level offspring or forcing the SGC to emigrate to the spouse's country to raise a sub-level family. Yeah, it's wrong and crude, but it their ball and their pitch so they get to make the rules. So, if you don't get permission, then there is a possibility of marrying outside of Singapore and if you manage to knock her up before coming back to Singapore, they will probably get her a 1 year ltvp (in order to let her deliver the child here - you are SGC so the child is entitled to SGC. however, at the end of the year's LTVP their is a good chance that her LTVP will NOT be renewed and she will be sent packing. If she didn't get her own country's citizenship for the infant, then she will have to leave the baby here and you will be stuck with raising her yourself.

I know. My nephew fell into that trap and because he was not making any money and in NS, I ended up taking care of the baby from the age of 1. She will start Sec 1 next year and she is still living with me and her mother still cannot return to Singapore. (no they didn't get permission and got married in her country). Ignore my warning at your own peril.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Apr 2019 3:01 pm

Yes she can transit Singapore as long as she doesn't try to come through immigration. But without knowing all the facts of her earlier problems I won't estimate her chances if you try to bring her through immigration into Singapore itself.

easy123

Post by easy123 » Tue, 09 Apr 2019 5:46 pm

sorry to hear about your experience. meeting up with my gf a few times a year and staying over usually for at least a week has been affecting my working schedule. Luckily I have a understanding boss whom empathise with I have been thru. I have been saving up as well in case. Also do you mean your nephew actually ROM in his wife country while she comes over and giving birth in Sg.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 09 Apr 2019 9:18 pm

She was pregnant before they got married, but without permission they couldn't ROM in Sg so they married in her country. After they were married she came to Singapore on a SVP and then applied for LTVP (married and pregnant) The gave her a LTVP for 1 year in order to let her give birth and nurse for a while, but wouldn't renew it (probably because the child wasn't a male child that the SG government could use for cannon fodder) Once they found that out, she wasn't needed any more. The MOM and ICA can be rather vindictive when they want to.

easy123

Post by easy123 » Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:21 am

That's exactly I m worrying if she were to get pregnant and she's unable to come over to stay with me in my country. We are prepared to get married anytime.

usman_s4u10

Post by usman_s4u10 » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 4:56 am

So i am considering applying for PMLA

I am from Pakistan
31 years of age
Australian and Malaysian higher education
Working in Finance

My concern is that my partner (to be) has a salary of 2.2K from teaching. I emailed ICA to inquire for which they replied:

Please note that all applications/requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis by our officers and are subjected to our policies and guidelines. Therefore, we are unable to comment,

Please declare accordingly as each application is considered holistically and on its own merits.

Any suggestions ?
Last edited by usman_s4u10 on Fri, 29 Nov 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 12:31 pm

usman_s4u10 wrote:So i am considering applying for PMLA

I am from Pakistan
31 years of age
Australian and Malaysian higher education
Working in Finance

My concern is that my partner (to be) has a salary of 2.2K from teaching. I emailed ICA to inquire for which they replied:

Please note that all applications/requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis by our officers and are subjected to our policies and guidelines. Therefore, we are unable to comment,

Please declare accordingly as each application is considered holistically and on its own merits.

Any suggestions ?
Suggestion is to state the actual facts accurately. Keep hopes low.

usman_s4u10

Post by usman_s4u10 » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 1:29 pm

Thanks Singaporeflyer !
- But in your opinion the salary of the SC partner is low inorder to be approved ?
- Some members in the forum mentioned that even if the PMLA got rejected. They went for marriage anyway and got LTVP.
What's your take on that ?
Thanks
Last edited by usman_s4u10 on Fri, 29 Nov 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 22 Apr 2019 3:37 pm

usman_s4u10 wrote:Thanks Singaporeflyer !
- But in your opinion the salary of the SC partner is low inorder to be approved ?
- Some members in the forum mentioned that even if the PMLA got rejected. They went for marriage anyway and got LTVP.
What's your take on that ?
Thanks
- Yes salary is slightly low
- Marriage after PMLA rejection is risky, if you both want to stay permanently in SG. So, think carefully many times and then proceed

First apply for PMLA and see what happens? Also see if the sponsor can move to a better job and earn a bit more?

usman_s4u10

Post by usman_s4u10 » Tue, 23 Apr 2019 3:09 pm

Just a parting advise from you @singaporeflyer

I was going to visit SG (first time) and take a short training (just to look good on paper) that i visited. Although i dont need to.

Do you think it`ll affect the PMLA in any way ? Or i should just apply and see the result first before visiting. So i dont waste my money by visiting pointlessly ?

Regards

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 24 Apr 2019 7:53 pm

usman_s4u10 wrote:Just a parting advise from you @singaporeflyer

I was going to visit SG (first time) and take a short training (just to look good on paper) that i visited. Although i dont need to.

Do you think it`ll affect the PMLA in any way ? Or i should just apply and see the result first before visiting. So i dont waste my money by visiting pointlessly ?

Regards
Your PMLA and short training are not related at all. One won't affect the other

usman_s4u10

Post by usman_s4u10 » Sun, 28 Apr 2019 2:51 pm

Much appreciated brother, your response @singaporeflyer