Singapore Expats

Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
N1mrod

Re: Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Post by N1mrod » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:20 pm

I don’t like to disclose my gf nationality but she’s half chinese. It’s from 3rd world country eg

Indo
Phil
Myanmar
Viet
Thai
India etc...

Yep, I just started working.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 12:27 pm

N1mrod wrote:I don’t like to disclose my gf nationality but she’s half chinese. It’s from 3rd world country eg

Indo
Phil
Myanmar
Viet
Thai
India etc...

Yep, I just started working.
If you dont want to disclose, we will be unable to help you. Very likely it is because you dont have a long history of stable income.

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 1:15 pm

My wife is Thai, she has never worked in Singapore and I am only a PR.
But no problem getting LTVP for her (PR is another issue though, no luck on that one so far)

As far as I understand the main criteria for LTVP approval is the regular salary of the sponsor so that he can support the applicant throughout their stay.
If you have only just started working then I think that is the issue for immigration.

N1mrod

Post by N1mrod » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 1:27 pm

Thank you bros for the prompt replies. :D :D :D

I guess youre all right, Maybe because I don’t have much cpf contribution and my salary is between 3-4K only. Despite the unsuccessful application, we are still going to marry and will apply for ltvp after. Our combined income around is 6.5k. I think we can still have a good future. We also have savings to apply for resale flat and I just want her to get ltvp for easier applications.

For future applicants of pmla, if you have same situation as me, don’t let it discourage you to marry a foreign spouse. Keep trying and you will get it.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:10 am

For future applicants of pmla, if you have same situation as him, be discouraged if you marry a foreign spouse. Keep trying and you may well be wasting time and money.

For N1mrod, if you don't have a salary of $4.5~$5K/mo, the likelihood of even getting an LTVP is slim. Combined incomes are meaningless when it comes to marriages as the spouse can get pregnant and have to quit work, therefore only the income of the sponsor for the PR will be used in determining the ability to support. If your PMLA was rejected it's even worse. So hopefully if you are insistent on marrying her, you are also willing to immigrate to a 3rd world country in order to stay with her if she loses her WP/S pass. It's harsh, but it is what it is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

N1mrod

Post by N1mrod » Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:For future applicants of pmla, if you have same situation as him, be discouraged if you marry a foreign spouse. Keep trying and you may well be wasting time and money.

For N1mrod, if you don't have a salary of $4.5~$5K/mo, the likelihood of even getting an LTVP is slim. Combined incomes are meaningless when it comes to marriages as the spouse can get pregnant and have to quit work, therefore only the income of the sponsor for the PR will be used in determining the ability to support. If your PMLA was rejected it's even worse. So hopefully if you are insistent on marrying her, you are also willing to immigrate to a 3rd world country in order to stay with her if she loses her WP/S pass. It's harsh, but it is what it is.
I don't find it a waste of time and money if you love someone. You're right, Singapore govt is harsh but there's nothing we can do besides trying. It doesnt end there even our pmla was unsuccessful. I know I just started working but I'm pursuing masters. We won't migrate to her country just because she couldn't get her pmla approved. Once we are married, I'll apply ltvp, if rejected, I'll appeal, if that helps. Its a long process and it wont be easy. giving up is not in my vocabulary. I thought i would received a positive feedback from here unfortunately reality sucks. anyways, thanks bro for hearing me out, i appreciate it.

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:34 am

Definitely not a waste of time and money marrying a bride from a 3rd world country.

Suffer a bit now but you can retire in style to her hometown with all your CPF savings rather than having to work in a foodcourt or fast food outlet clearing trays in SG for your golden years. :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:45 am

We've been taking care of my Nephew's little girl since she was 1 year old because her mother was banned due to the not obtaining the PLMA and them getting married in the 'peens. When they returned to Singapore they allowed her to be on an LTVP (1 year) in order to give her the opportunity to give birth here (so the child would be a Singaporean - just in case it might be a male child - cannon fodder for NS). After the little girl was born and was 3 months old, they refused to renew her LTVP and she went packing back to the 'peens. The baby went with her but without 'peens citizenship, the baby had to be eventually brought back to Singapore at the age of 1 year by the father. As he wasn't earning that much, he couldn't afford to take care of the baby and I've been the surrogate father now for 10 years. She just had her 11th birthday about 2 weeks ago. The mother still isn't allowed back in the country. Read it and weep. This isn't the only case I'm aware of either (but this one impacts directly on me for the past decade). Good luck. My nephew is a SG citizen from birth as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

N1mrod

Post by N1mrod » Thu, 15 Nov 2018 4:03 pm

chinnyreckon wrote:Definitely not a waste of time and money marrying a bride from a 3rd world country.

Suffer a bit now but you can retire in style to her hometown with all your CPF savings rather than having to work in a foodcourt or fast food outlet clearing trays in SG for your golden years. :D
I think we will be happy to retire in Singapore
We've been taking care of my Nephew's little girl since she was 1 year old because her mother was banned due to the not obtaining the PLMA and them getting married in the 'peens. When they returned to Singapore they allowed her to be on an LTVP (1 year) in order to give her the opportunity to give birth here (so the child would be a Singaporean - just in case it might be a male child - cannon fodder for NS). After the little girl was born and was 3 months old, they refused to renew her LTVP and she went packing back to the 'peens. The baby went with her but without 'peens citizenship, the baby had to be eventually brought back to Singapore at the age of 1 year by the father. As he wasn't earning that much, he couldn't afford to take care of the baby and I've been the surrogate father now for 10 years. She just had her 11th birthday about 2 weeks ago. The mother still isn't allowed back in the country. Read it and weep. This isn't the only case I'm aware of either (but this one impacts directly on me for the past decade). Good luck. My nephew is a SG citizen from birth as well.
I see, but your story and my story is different. We will do our rom here and banquet in her country. I think Ica will assess every couples merit. Like I said we alr have savings to buy resale flat cos bto only allow us to buy 2 room flat and We wanted 4 room flat. My fiancé’s family background is well to do in her country. She’s working as an hr in an sme company. I’m chinese and she’s half chinese. She’s educated. I hope that she will eventually get her citizenship in the future.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 Nov 2018 12:00 pm

If you think your story is different, so be it. You've already been rejected once. You don't earn enough to sponsor your future spouse. That part is currently cast in stone regardless of your race. Her family's background is not anything that can be used as you don't earn enough to sponsor her. I wish you luck, but don't say you weren't warned. I hope it all works out as that will mean possibly my nephew's little girl can finally have her mother and father together. But as I've had 20 years in HR and the last 14 of them as an HR manager, I afraid you may have problems until your income (without out hers being taken into consideration).

N1mrod

Post by N1mrod » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 2:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you think your story is different, so be it. You've already been rejected once. You don't earn enough to sponsor your future spouse. That part is currently cast in stone regardless of your race. Her family's background is not anything that can be used as you don't earn enough to sponsor her. I wish you luck, but don't say you weren't warned. I hope it all works out as that will mean possibly my nephew's little girl can finally have her mother and father together. But as I've had 20 years in HR and the last 14 of them as an HR manager, I afraid you may have problems until your income (without out hers being taken into consideration).
Thanks for the info. Do u have any idea if I can apply ltvp after a week of our wedding or do we need to wait for a year? I didn’t read any rules regarding about it.

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Mon, 19 Nov 2018 2:43 pm

I applied for LTVP for my wife a few weeks after we got married, so that was not an issue.

However, I had already been working and getting a pretty reasonable salary for 12 years at that time!

newbie2019

Post by newbie2019 » Sun, 24 Mar 2019 2:36 am

Hi all and N1mrod,

May I know the waiting duration for the PMLA?
Website put up to 4 weeks but 6 weeks have pass but it is still pending.

Email ICA, they say please wait and will inform the relevant officer about my case.

Thanks

Hi N1mrod,
is your PMLA now success?

Thanks

N1mrod

Post by N1mrod » Tue, 26 Mar 2019 9:03 pm

newbie2019 wrote:Hi all and N1mrod,

May I know the waiting duration for the PMLA?
Website put up to 4 weeks but 6 weeks have pass but it is still pending.

Email ICA, they say please wait and will inform the relevant officer about my case.

Thanks

Hi N1mrod,
is your PMLA now success?

Thanks
Hey, my spouse ltvp was approved last year within 11days. I was so happy we thought that she couldn't get cos our pMLA was rejected.
I was also lucky to be able to get an appointment after 12 days of approval and got her card on the same day of the appointment.

how long is it pending? may depend on your spouse nationality and your income. don't believe whatever negative in this forum, just always hope for the best. [-o< [-o< [-o<

easy123

Post by easy123 » Mon, 08 Apr 2019 12:18 pm

Hi,
Need advice from bro and sis here. Me and my viet gf know each other for more then 5 years when she's on WP then. I come across this PMLV and would like to know what are the chances for her to come over.
Last edited by easy123 on Wed, 22 May 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.