Singapore Expats

Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bennyq

Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Post by bennyq » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 6:49 pm

Hi all,
I have apply for pre marriage ltvp and stvp from ica for my girlfriend who is from Thailand. Both have been rejected and I did a appeal for stvp and resubmitted the pre marriage as well. Is there anything I can do to make the application successful. And what are the chances of being successful.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Pre marriage rejected & stvp rejected.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 11:24 pm

How many trips to Singapore has she made?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bennyq

Post by bennyq » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 2:14 am

Only One time. But the ica officer told her to do a 10 finger print scan and told her 2 years unable to come in Singapore. So that why I apply all this.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 8:35 am

She must have done something to warrant being flagged and banned for 2 years! Did she overstay or have a run-in with the law while she was here previously?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bennyq

Post by bennyq » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 11:36 am

No.. No overstay. No unlawful thing happen. That is just a ica officer telling her when she leaving Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 4:08 pm

That doesn't smell right. It's not like Singapore Immigration Officers to arbitrarily give somebody a 2-year ban without a reason (albeit, they have that power - especially if she made the wrong kind of remark or caustic remark to the officer. Maybe your intended isn't being 100% forthcoming about the details of her last stay that caused that kind of a remark.

bennyq

Post by bennyq » Sat, 02 Jun 2018 4:13 pm

During her first visit nothing wrong. But I haven't bring her in yet. Should I just bring her in? And I had asked around. Most of them go back. All will scan the 10 fingerprint. And told them 2 years cannot come or what want.

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Sun, 03 Jun 2018 3:40 pm

Sounds a bit strange.

My Thai girlfriend came in and out of Singapore a few times with no problems in 2013/2014 (I always accompanied her though and she had never come to Singapore on any previous occasions). She never stayed longer than the allowed 30 days on each visit.
We are now married and she has a one year LTVP (now on her 3rd one), as does our daughter.

I have been a PR since 2003.
We haven't had any luck so far with getting PR for them both yet. Applied last year - which was rejected after about 6 months and now the second application is pending.
I don't have any high hopes of them getting the PR but might as well try. I am on local terms and conditions at work and so can't afford International School fees!

bennyq

Post by bennyq » Sun, 03 Jun 2018 6:11 pm

Oh. Ya. All my friend are like that. No problem. I haven't try to accompany her yet. Will do it. Anyw did you apply any pre marriage cert thing?

chinnyreckon

Post by chinnyreckon » Sun, 03 Jun 2018 7:44 pm

No I didn't do that pre marriage LTVP assessment. I didn't know there was such a thing and anyway we were going to get married anyway no matter what Singapore immigration decided!

Good luck with your case!

bennyq

Post by bennyq » Sun, 03 Jun 2018 8:26 pm

Stupid officer tell me need to do this do that then can marry if not cannot.. I think I did a lot of unnecessary thing going to the ica to ask also. Haha. Okok. Thank alots bro! Take care!

bennyq

Post by bennyq » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 4:47 pm

My appeal for the entry visa it was rejected again. For now any advice I can do to bring her in Singapore? I really want to bring her in.

N1mrod

Post by N1mrod » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 7:14 pm

bennyq wrote:My appeal for the entry visa it was rejected again. For now any advice I can do to bring her in Singapore? I really want to bring her in.
hi bro any updates?

me and my nr fiance planning to apply pre ltvp. im sc and my age is around late 20s. i just got my degree. i have job offers but havent started work. my nr fiance holding an s pass and her salary is more than 2.5k, less than 3k (cant disclose). we've been together for almost 4 years. we will marry once i secured a job. what do u think of my chances?

Can we apply pre ltvp without me getting a job atm? or I need to work 1 month to show I contribute cpf then can apply? Thanks

N1mrod

Post by N1mrod » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 9:53 am

hi everyone, my pre marriage ltvp assessment has been REJECTED and no reason stated in email and ica status enquiry. I’m local and my gf is foreigner. my gf is holding s pass and have been working in Singapore for 6 years. She got degree in her country and study diploma in a private school in Singapore. We've been together for almost 4 years. I just started work and applied PMLA after my cpf contribution appeared in my cpf statement (to prove that I’m generating income). We are living in the same roof for almost a year now. We are getting married this December 2018. Her family coming over to Singapore to attend our ROM. I was devastated when I received the result of my application that it was rejected. I have been reading post and forums about pmla and mostly cases are couples holding work permit and some don’t have jobs in Singapore. I couldn’t think of any reason why they rejected our application. Does ica discourage SC-NR couples to be together?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Nov 2018 11:32 am

N1mrod wrote:hi everyone, my pre marriage ltvp assessment has been REJECTED and no reason stated in email and ica status enquiry. I’m local and my gf is foreigner. my gf is holding s pass and have been working in Singapore for 6 years. She got degree in her country and study diploma in a private school in Singapore. We've been together for almost 4 years. I just started work and applied PMLA after my cpf contribution appeared in my cpf statement (to prove that I’m generating income). We are living in the same roof for almost a year now. We are getting married this December 2018. Her family coming over to Singapore to attend our ROM. I was devastated when I received the result of my application that it was rejected. I have been reading post and forums about pmla and mostly cases are couples holding work permit and some don’t have jobs in Singapore. I couldn’t think of any reason why they rejected our application. Does ica discourage SC-NR couples to be together?
Where is your gf from? You just started working and contributing CPF?