Singapore Expats

Drug tests in Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
abhiblack396

Drug tests in Singapore

Post by abhiblack396 » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 2:44 pm

Hey guys,
About a month and a half ago I got accepted into NTU Singapore for my higher education. I partake in occasional Marijuana sessions and I had read online that it's possible that I'd be subject to a drug test in the airport or in the university. Is this true? I have used the substance about a week ago and I'm leaving to Singapore in about 18 days. Should I be panicking?

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Drug tests in Singapore

Post by bgd » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 3:07 pm

Sixty million passengers pass through Changi annually. I wouldn't worry.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 4:11 pm

Not the airport but possible during a health check for NTU you may be asked for a piss test. I've had that happen for employers and I'm pretty certain the unis/polys make you do a medical - if it's with their people (on campus or whatever) you have a problem, if it's submitting your own paperwork (from a GP) you don't.

Postpone the test as long as possible and obviously abstain in the meantime. I think for a urine test you don't need much time for THC to disappear. Two weeks?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 01 Jun 2018 9:26 pm

PNGMK wrote:Postpone the test as long as possible and obviously abstain in the meantime. I think for a urine test you don't need much time for THC to disappear. Two weeks?
If the amount smoked was small, ie, not a daily user, then two weeks should be OK. Daily users may find it takes as long as six weeks. Drink plenty of water and urinate frequently to help purge the body. On the day of the test, drink plenty of water so that your urine is more dilute. You should be able to "piss like a racehorse" on test day.