Singapore Expats

difficult to get a Job for foreigner

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
mentore30

difficult to get a Job for foreigner

Post by mentore30 » Wed, 23 May 2018 9:20 pm

Hi..
I've stayed in Singapore around 3.5yrs with EP holder and tried to find out some jobs in other industry such as Snr Business development or purchasing. But I feel it's quite difficult to get some position for foreigner, unless we have a PR or Citizen.

especially big company is asking the visa status all the time.
The reason I want to move other company, totally don't understand an way of working attitude.

What is the best way to find out the job? via Headhunter, LinkedIn, JobDB...whatelse?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: difficult to get a Job for foreigner

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 May 2018 10:20 pm

Sounds like the best thing you can do is to go home. If you have been here for 3.5 years already then you should know that you will not be able to change industries as you will not have experience so therefore, the MOM would not give you an EP/S pass and there are lots of locals without experience so there is no need to higher a foreigner just because he wants to change industries.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BaptisteB

Re: difficult to get a Job for foreigner

Post by BaptisteB » Sun, 24 Jun 2018 5:48 pm

3,5 years ! I had more or less the same problem and I plan to leave the country soon. Maybe you should do the same thing as me. Find another place..