Singapore Expats

Have you ever worked 2 (or more) jobs simultaneously while on PEP?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
throwawaypep

Have you ever worked 2 (or more) jobs simultaneously while on PEP?

Post by throwawaypep » Wed, 23 May 2018 2:41 pm

Does anyone have experience holding 2 jobs at the same time as a PEP holder? What was the MoM approval process like for additional employment?

I am in a bit of a strange situation: i hold a (very) secure job and am on a PEP. I have a new job offer that pays more, but is less secure. The kicker is that both jobs are "easy enough" for me that i am confident about performing the duties of both jobs simultaneously. I'm thinking of accepting the new offer in addition to my current job. I won't be in breach of either contract when i do so.

Has anyone done this before, and what was your experience in gaining approval from MoM? There was a previous thread on this topic, but it might be a bit dated: viewtopic.php?t=84414

Thanks for reading!

pepapp

Re: Have you ever worked 2 (or more) jobs simultaneously while on PEP?

Post by pepapp » Mon, 02 Nov 2020 10:47 am

Hi throwawaypep,

I realize I'm reviving a very old thread - but wanted to check with anyone who has taken on multiple jobs while on PEP. Did you end up doing this? How long did the approval process take for the additional employment? Also, the PEP notification form says the date of commencement "must be a current or past date". This seems counterintuitive with the fact that additional employment needs to be approved by MOM.

Any insight is much appreciated! Thanks