Singapore Expats

Is it easier to get job after getting married and having Dependant Pass?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
MisterBlue

Is it easier to get job after getting married and having Dependant Pass?

Post by MisterBlue » Mon, 21 May 2018 9:06 pm

Hi All,

I've been in Singapore working for last few years and my girlfriend is Singaporean. I lost my job some time ago, and currently I'm here just on tourist visa. What I see is that there is zero response from HR or Headhunters for hundreds of CVs I sent in last 3 months. Anyway we are considering to get married - my girlfriend is Singaporean.
As I heard, after getting married I'd get Dependant Pass, and it is not that easy to get PR (It might take years). IT might take years to get it.
Considering I'm going to have Dependant Pass - is it going actually to be any easier for me to get job here? Or difficulty will be the same as for tourist or any other EP holder? I'm already getting mad sitting at home without any results of my job search...

thanks
P
Last edited by MisterBlue on Fri, 05 Oct 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Is it easier to get job after getting married and having Dependant Pass?

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 21 May 2018 10:06 pm

Spouses of Singaporean citizens do not get a DP, they get a LTVP or LTVP+ (less likely in the first three years).

You can work with a letter of consent (LOC) with both passes.

Is it easier? What do you mean? It is easier because you won't get kicked out of the country because you don't have a valid residency pass. It may be harder because a lot of employers still don't know about the LOC.