Singapore Expats Forum

The Tomlinson Collection - who knows this company?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Karla

The Tomlinson Collection - who knows this company?

Postby Karla » Fri, 25 Feb 2005 5:42 pm

Does anybody know anything about a gallery called The Tomlinson Collection? Who runs/own it, its reputation etc. What sort of people they are, etc. Naturally the owners of the place may read this and decide to write wonderful things about themselves, but am hoping others who have had personal and professional dealings with them could comment.

I cant seem to find a website on them. they have advertised for the same position for a job 3 times in 12 months so am wondering what gives... do they have high turnover of staff and if so why.

Thanks

Paulping

Re: The Tomlinson Collection - who knows this company?

Postby Paulping » Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:44 pm

Karla wrote:Does anybody know anything about a gallery called The Tomlinson Collection? Who runs/own it, its reputation etc. What sort of people they are, etc. Naturally the owners of the place may read this and decide to write wonderful things about themselves, but am hoping others who have had personal and professional dealings with them could comment.

I cant seem to find a website on them. they have advertised for the same position for a job 3 times in 12 months so am wondering what gives... do they have high turnover of staff and if so why.

Thanks

Hi Karla
Pls log on: www.tomlinson-collection.com for some details
Rgds

dingo

Re: The Tomlinson Collection - who knows this company?

Postby dingo » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 3:26 pm

I recently applied for these positions. They contacted me and it appears that they are actually looking for people in the expat community that are socialites that can recommend their products. They are not full time paying positions. Really wanting someone to refer others and then getting discount on something they want to purchase. It appears they are not getting the off the street business that they used to get and by doing this will increase their sales without having to go to the extent of employing staff.