Singapore Expats

EP Renewal Application question

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
TangoDown

EP Renewal Application question

Post by TangoDown » Mon, 21 May 2018 10:11 am

Hi Guys,

I have my question on my EP. Been in singapore for 4 years now. my company A was bought over by another company B. EP is going to expire in another few months.

Will my EP request be renewal request? or will it be considered to be new EP request? I know its going to be tuff to get new EP request these days.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP Renewal Application question

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 May 2018 12:30 pm

Just so happens I'm in the process of doing just that. We are closing one of our companies this month (separate Pte Ltd Company but owned by the same shareholders/directors) We have applied to the MOM to have all of our foreign staff transfered to our main company who is absorbing all the closing company's business, equipment, staff, etc. Waiting on word at this point in time for the approval. Once that is given and they have accepted my date for the transfer all foreign staff will be transferred to the new company without the need to reapply.

I am assuming that their existing expiry dates of the various working passes will remain and only the Company Sponsoring these passes will change. However, the entire lot of staff must be done in one fell swoop according to the MOM. If not, then all employees will have to reapply and yes, that could be iffy for some. So, my question is did the new company apply for block transfer of all foreign staff or not? How long has it been since the company was bought over? If no block transfer was requested, I don't know how they can allow you to work for a different company in violation of your Work Pass limitations. You should be getting a new work pass I would assume. Otherwise, if no block transfer was requested, possibly reapplication might be required. As I said, I'm in the process as I write. Our request was submitted on 30 Apr and in the automated response it said not to contact them for 21 days. At the end of today I will be contacting them as I've not received any notification as of yes (as the 21st day was on the weekend, I'm giving them today to contact me). I'll have a better understanding how this works after this. (first for me as well). Last time I closed one of our companies, I had sufficient space in the other companies to absorb the new applications made by me for individually transferring the staff into several of our other companies (Bulk transfer can only go to a single company at the same time). All our companies were individual Pte Ltd's.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown » Mon, 21 May 2018 2:38 pm

So some corrections.

So my company A was bought by a parent company B lets say 10 years ago.
During these 10 years A and B are two different registered company in Singapore and continued to be.
few years later parent company B sold just my depts of Company A to another company C.

Till date Company C and Company A are still two different registered companies. none of them have been dissolved. May be just the financial stuff might be mergered. but branding is now under Company C. My EP is still under company A.

I am not sure when the EP expire if they are going to renew under Company A or Company C. thanks for your reply. i guess there is nothing i can do. its all upto my HR and how they process this.

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown » Mon, 21 May 2018 2:39 pm

thanks for your reply.