Singapore Expats

newborn baby apply ltvp/spr

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Googlyeye

newborn baby apply ltvp/spr

Post by Googlyeye » Sat, 19 May 2018 9:25 pm

Hi there,

My wife and I are Singapore PR, and we just had a newborn. We want to apply ltvp/Spr for the baby, the thing is I resigned from my job last month and now unemployed (wife still working). I wondered if there are any issues to apply ltvp/spr for the baby because of my employment status? if yes, any other ways to get our baby to stay with us in Singapore?

Many thanks!

SGPRPK

Re: newborn baby apply ltvp/spr

Post by SGPRPK » Wed, 23 May 2018 1:11 pm

Mate I am not an expert at all. you are in kind of a sticky situation.
What I can suggest you is to contact ICA. Regardless of what every body is talking about them, My personal experience is that the ICA team is the most professional, helpful & understanding.
My expiration with ICA is just amazing even though I am from so called from a non preferred country (Which I personally do not agree) . I am sure they will advise you the best possible situation.

My 2 cent advise do not even think of overstaying kid. Just face what ever is reality

worldcitizen

Post by worldcitizen » Sat, 26 May 2018 6:43 pm

Indeed it's tricky. Based on ICA and my experience, they do ask for current employment record, info and permission to get financial info. If you are in between jobs, and assuming a food financial background I don't see a reason for not getting LTVP / PR.
We like to complain but ICA is pretty reasonable and wish you good luck.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 25 May 2020 11:17 am

Googlyeye wrote:
Sat, 19 May 2018 9:25 pm
Hi there,

My wife and I are Singapore PR, and we just had a newborn. We want to apply ltvp/Spr for the baby, the thing is I resigned from my job last month and now unemployed (wife still working). I wondered if there are any issues to apply ltvp/spr for the baby because of my employment status? if yes, any other ways to get our baby to stay with us in Singapore?

Many thanks!
Who is the PR main applicant among both of you?

Who is planning to sponsor the LTVP/PR among both of you?