Singapore Expats Forum

Hello friends!

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Peter94

Hello friends!

Postby Peter94 » Fri, 18 May 2018 8:18 pm

Hello everyone who's reading this post,

A little self-introduction about myself, my name is peter, 24years old. Currently serving my time as a
combat medic under the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF).

Since young, i have always dreamed about going overseas, meeting new people and learning different cultures from different country. But it is hard, at least for the time being.

So my aim here now is to meet and learn about all different cultures from you guys and hopefully, when i visit other countries in the future, i won't make a fool out of myself :D :D :D

So please feel free to drop me a PM, i will do my best to reply as soon as i can!

*PS if needed, i can show you around Singapore! not those popular tourist hotspots, i'm able to bring you elsewhere that's interesting as well!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Hello friends!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 May 2018 10:04 pm

I guess you just sit on your hands all day long with not too much to do. Why do they call you a Combat Medic when you've never seen nor or likely to see combat? The closest Singapore has ever gotten to a war zone is in a rear-guard area behind an engagement force (non-Singaporean). I'd say you are probably more like a paramedic (not saying that is bad), but paramedic just isn't as impressive in a bar conversation when trying to chat up a chick like Combat Medic does, does it. :lol:

Peter94

Postby Peter94 » Sat, 19 May 2018 1:37 am

True, Singapore don't really go to war, the reason why we're called combat medics is because there's actually a split between a combat medic and a service medic.

Combat medic meaning the soldier is physically fit as classified by our PES status (A and B)

Whereas PES C medics are usually service medics whereby they stay in medical centers handling logistics, assisting Medical Officers, treatment as well as dispensing medications prescribed by Medical Officers.

The reason why there's combat medic because the medics have to be with the platoon during war times, hence they need to be physically and mentally fit.

For your info, combat medics are more like EMT rather than paramedics

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:43 am

Splitting hairs, but still, it sounds to be Combat Medic went trying to chat up girls who aren't from Singapore, yeah? :lol:

NB: Local Girls are not impressed too much by local boys in NS from what I've seen and they already know, in Singapore, titles are usually only for show (in the working world as well). :-k

Peter94

Postby Peter94 » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:45 am

Fyi, im not here to pick up chicks lmao, im honestly interested in learning new languages and different cultures

And yeah, title is just flaunting, it doesn't help since I'm just a "combat" medic. It's just a self intro

x9200

Postby x9200 » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:28 pm

Peter94 wrote:Fyi, im not here to pick up chicks lmao, im honestly interested in learning new languages and different cultures

But what different cultures? Of people visiting this board?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 May 2018 4:35 pm

Well, a couple of years ago, we had two Yanks, Eastern European and a Filippino as moderators here (only the Filippino has left as he immigrated to Aus). The Admins are in the real estate business and they host this board for us free of charge but with codicils obviously. They are 100% Singaporean. Our readership is made up of everybody anywhere in the world. Our regulars are from all over the world (About the only place we have locals to any degree are in two or three forums. The Airlines Flight Stewards (esses) threads, the PS threads (Plastic Surgery) are the two main ones and occasionally in a couple of the other entertainment threads and Health & Beauty threads. And lastly, the Entertainment threads where they are trying to hustle foreign western girls (but most of those guys are from another S.E. Asian country). Or they come on here trying to advertise or solicit but get whacked pretty rapidly as we don't allow any type of advertising unless it's paid for. Our readers like a clean board.