Singapore Expats

Looking for friends all over the world living/on vacation in Singapore!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Peter94

Looking for friends all over the world living/on vacation in Singapore!

Post by Peter94 » Fri, 18 May 2018 8:12 pm

Hello everyone who's reading this post,

A little self-introduction about myself, my name is peter, 24years old. Currently serving my time as a
combat medic under the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF).

Since young, i have always dreamed about going overseas, meeting new people and learning different cultures from different country. But it is hard, at least for the time being.

So my aim here now is to meet and learn about all different cultures from you guys and hopefully, when i visit other countries in the future, i won't make a fool out of myself :D :D :D

So please feel free to drop me a PM, i will do my best to reply as soon as i can!

*PS if needed, i can show you around Singapore! not those popular tourist hotspots, i'm able to bring you elsewhere that's interesting as well!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Looking for friends all over the world living/on vacation in Singapore!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 May 2018 9:53 pm

Why do they call you a combat medic? Singapore has never been in a war and the only time they have been close to one was in a rear echelon position well out of harm's way, so not really a combat medic. More like a Paramedic on an ambulance service.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Peter94

Post by Peter94 » Sat, 19 May 2018 1:35 am

True, Singapore don't really go to war, the reason why we're called combat medics is because there's actually a split between a combat medic and a service medic

Combat medic meaning the soldier is physically fit as classified by our PES status (A and B)

Whereas PES C medics are usually service medics whereby they stay in medical centers handling logistics, assisting Medical Officers, treatment as well as dispensing medications prescribed by Medical Officers.

The reason why there's combat medic because the medics have to be with the platoon during war times, hence they need to be physically and mentally fit

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 May 2018 12:39 am

I already know all that. I'm a NAM Vet. I was just being facetious, considering Singapore never been in combat, just play-acting in Australia and Taiwan. :P ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers