Singapore Expats

Diabetes can be reduced & removed

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
lifevitalitysg

Diabetes can be reduced & removed

Post by lifevitalitysg » Tue, 15 May 2018 2:01 pm

As we know many Singaporeans were diagnosed with various kinds of chronic illnesses and one of the most common illness is Diabetes. And the worst part Diabetic patient need to take medications for life and some need to live with insulin. But do anyone knows that Diabetes is reversible?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Diabetes can be reduced & removed

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 May 2018 4:10 pm

tic...toc...tic...toc....

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 15 May 2018 7:33 pm

To date, diabetes is irreversible.

Waiting on new pharmaceuticals to hit the market though, some appear to have very compelling mechanisms of action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 15 May 2018 8:42 pm

I already deleted this clown's post once when it contained links to a "naturopathic" cure. I'm blocking access to his account just in case someone wants to contact him.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 16 May 2018 10:08 pm

Curses, I was looking forward to challenging his claims

Pennykee

Post by Pennykee » Fri, 22 Jun 2018 11:26 pm

I know if you are in the early stage of diabetes, you can try exercising more. Exercise keeps you healthy and reduce your blood sugar.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Mon, 21 Sep 2020 9:28 am

Don't think you can eradicate diabetes...like any other chronic illnesses. You have to be on lifelong medication just not to worsen it, and have a watchful diet.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Mon, 21 Sep 2020 3:20 pm

Diabetes is mostly a result of diet. Not everyone is the same. For those who have a higher chance of getting it, the best way is diet.

How is diabetes diagnosed. Fasting Sugar and Avg Sugar A1C . Both of these can be controlled and brought to normal by diet, mostly Low Carb or Keto/Low Carb High Fat or Carnivore diets. Doing these will bring ur numbers to normal. Plus, u lose weight once u reduce carbs significantly. It also improves BP.

However, its not a temporary solution. For people who have chance of diabetes, they really have to have a Low Carbohydrate Life Style.

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Mon, 21 Sep 2020 3:23 pm

I am saying this based on my experience. Last sept, my avg sugar was > 6.5/7 which is cutoff of diabtes. Now its 5.8 after one year. I dont take any medicines.

But yet, I dont eat rice or wheat or bread or grains anymore. Not more than once a week at worst.

And I lost 14 kg in 8 months. I am now at normal weight, with no metabolic issues like BP/High Sugar, etc.

So its works if u can eat sensibly .

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 22 Sep 2020 9:41 pm

HbA1c measurement reflects the average of your past 3 months carb intake. This is a good complementary measure to fasting blood glucose, since FBG can be cheated with a few days preparation before a health check.

Diet and exercise are Yin and Yang for Long term management, best to keep below the pre-diabetic range with HbA1c.

Once you are diagnosed, it’s practically impossible to go back to non-diabetic status.

Incidentally, studies suggest some forms of dementia (Alzheimers) closely mimic diabetes in the brain...

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Tue, 22 Sep 2020 9:44 pm

BabaBagus wrote:I am type 2 diabetic. Last 2 months my blood sugar level showed 8.1 but after taking this product, appart from my daily medicine, my latest blood test showed 7.1.
Hate to say, you are still diabetic at HbA1c 7.1%.

Your risk of retinopathy, neuropathy and other Comorbid complications still need to be managed for the Long term.