Singapore Expats

left off with warning for shoplifting in Mustafa

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
vittoo1975

left off with warning for shoplifting in Mustafa

Post by vittoo1975 » Thu, 10 May 2018 2:56 pm

Hi,

My friend from india and his wife were left off with a stern warning for shoplifting in Mustafa. There was no police involved but the security in-charge got them to sign a few papers; along with their passport copies and left them off;.

Would this cuase any problems to them. My frind does not what he signed. In the tense of the moment he accepted his guilt and did whatever he was told without thinking twice.

Is he in some kind of trouble or in future. He has returned to india without trouble but still very tense.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: left off with warning for shoplifting in Mustafa

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 10 May 2018 3:35 pm

He's one lucky mofo. Mustafa must not have had him on video. My impression was that they always prosecute. When we have true shariah law in Singapore, Mustafa will be the corporate sponsor for the hand chopping of thieves.

He probably has a life time ban from Mustafa but nothing else. PD ask your friend if he paid the security guys to not charge him or call the cops. That's the only explanation I can come up with.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!