Singapore Expats

is a child legitimate or illegitimate

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
johnsonaaaa

is a child legitimate or illegitimate

Post by johnsonaaaa » Thu, 10 May 2018 3:12 am

Hi, i have a question regarding law. Maybe you can help. If a couple have a child before marriage and after awhile the couple got marriage however the child is born in other country, not in singapore. Is the child legitimate? Because i know singapore have a new law the state the child born before marriage and if the couple got marriage after that the child is legitimate. Then if the child is born in other country? Is the child still legitimate?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: is a child legitimate or illegitimate

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 10 May 2018 8:21 am

johnsonaaaa wrote:Hi, i have a question regarding law. Maybe you can help. If a couple have a child before marriage and after awhile the couple got marriage however the child is born in other country, not in singapore. Is the child legitimate? Because i know singapore have a new law the state the child born before marriage and if the couple got marriage after that the child is legitimate. Then if the child is born in other country? Is the child still legitimate?
What's the context? It's not easy to give an answer without trying to understand what you'r doing.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!