Singapore Expats

EP approval timeline report

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
chocolately

EP approval timeline report

Post by chocolately » Mon, 07 May 2018 5:17 pm

Hey guys.

I have been checking this website to get some insight on how long it will take to get my EP approved.

Just a bit of background—I’m an EP holder since 2015. Last year during my EP renewal, my EP application got rejected twice and only got approved on the 3rd try after my company has upped my salary twice. Every application took 3 weeks each then.

Then I got a new job recently and my new EP got approved last Friday, within 8 working days. I created an account to share that information here, for all those looking for insights as well and to share the positive result.

Good luck!

subashgk007
Regular
Regular

Re: EP approval timeline report

Post by subashgk007 » Wed, 09 May 2018 4:09 pm

Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown » Mon, 21 May 2018 11:04 am

what was the salary that was rejected for EP Approval? what was approved?
I am going to renew my EP would like to know more on this if you could share.
thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 May 2018 12:49 pm

TangoDown wrote:what was the salary that was rejected for EP Approval? what was approved?
I am going to renew my EP would like to know more on this if you could share.
thanks.
Won't be relevant at all to your query. The salary is only part of the equation. The amount of salary will also depend on the amount of relevant experience for the position. If you have too many years of experience and the salary is too low - rejected. If the salary is too high with little or no experience - rejected. If you have the academic credentials but are a fresher with no experience - rejected.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers