Singapore Expats

Please advice: LTVP or DP? Where to marry?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Please advice: LTVP or DP? Where to marry?

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Jun 2018 10:49 pm

zalex wrote:Many thanks L. In the worst case scenario that we don't get it is LTVP easier to get?

I need a backup plan for a piece of mind.
LTVP is only for common law spouse (which you cannot get). DP is only for legally married spouse and dependent children. There is no either/or for you or anyone else, that is DP and LTVP are mutually exclusive.

I agree with PNGMK... assuming that you are making the minimum required to qualify for a DP, getting the pass issued should not be a problem.

jbell

Re: Please advice: LTVP or DP? Where to marry?

Post by jbell » Sun, 26 May 2019 9:17 pm

Hello, I’m British living with my Italian boyfriend in Italy (we’ve lived together for 2 years). He’s being transferred to Singapore so we’re getting married.

I would rather get married in Singapore but am I likely to receive a DP within 90 days? He will make our marriage notification (?) when he’s in Singapore for 3 weeks in July. Then we will move to SNG together in September, when we will book the solemnisation. And then get married and get his company to apply for the DP.

Does it sound feasible? Or should I make peace with getting married in Italy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk