Singapore Expats Forum

Headhunting

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

EasyTed

Headhunting

Postby EasyTed » Wed, 05 May 2004 1:18 am

I am currently working as a headhunter / recruiter in London. I am wondering if their are many expats working in this industry and also if I will qualify for an employment pass? I have a university degree, a years experience in recruitment plus a couple more in sales.
I'm intending to show up in Singapore and do the rounds of the :oops: agencies. Has anyone tried this? I also couldn't help but detect a fairly negative vibe from previous posts regarding recruiters in Singapore. We're hardly regarded as Saints in London but not quite this negative!

Any responses would be much appreciated.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 05 May 2004 9:20 pm

So you do you want to start up your own business, or just get hired by a Singapore-based recruiting company? I don't know about the business climate in your industry, but I'd guess it's picking up, and if you have a firm job offer with decent salary in hand getting an EP is pretty much a non-issue.

ninasuri

recruiter for singapore

Postby ninasuri » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:26 pm

hi we are a uk based recruitment firm with offices in Singapore in addition to Uk, India, Ireland,Finland.
I will be happy to discuss the possibility of you working with us and will also take care of your employment pass etc if found suitable. can you email me on nina@contact-singapore.com

BullDog

Re: Headhunting

Postby BullDog » Wed, 23 Nov 2005 8:05 pm

EasyTed wrote:I am currently working as a headhunter / recruiter in London. I am wondering if their are many expats working in this industry and also if I will qualify for an employment pass? I have a university degree, a years experience in recruitment plus a couple more in sales.
I'm intending to show up in Singapore and do the rounds of the :oops: agencies. Has anyone tried this? I also couldn't help but detect a fairly negative vibe from previous posts regarding recruiters in Singapore. We're hardly regarded as Saints in London but not quite this negative!

Hi EasyTed. You've heard right. There is a very thin line separating headhunters and general recruiters. Singapore is a small place and most senior executive positions are filled by the same people playing musical chairs. You might end up doing more sales than headhunting. :)

NJ

Postby NJ » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 1:49 pm

hey there... i went to Robert Walters to put in my CV for work in the banks and they practically offered me a job as a recruitment consultant without any experience in the industry... Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it can't be that difficult. Mind you - the industry is small here...like everything.! Good Luck - maybe you can find me a job when you get out here!

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”