Singapore Expats

NPS Vs GIIS

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
renuvish

NPS Vs GIIS

Post by renuvish » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:54 pm

Hi all,
We moved to Singapore from Hyderabad , and we are have shortlisted NPS and GIIS for our daughters schooling and visited the schools also. However we are looking for some reviews on NPS and GIIS for us to be able to make a right choice. Any feedback from parents of children studying in these schools would be very helpful.

My daughter will be going to grade 1.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: NPS Vs GIIS

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:48 am

renuvish wrote:Hi all,
We moved to Singapore from Hyderabad , and we are have shortlisted NPS and GIIS for our daughters schooling and visited the schools also. However we are looking for some reviews on NPS and GIIS for us to be able to make a right choice. Any feedback from parents of children studying in these schools would be very helpful.

GIIS is better known but more importantly is the location to some extent.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

jinnu12

Post by jinnu12 » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 3:51 pm

PNGMK wrote:
renuvish wrote:Hi all,

GIIS is better known but more importantly is the location to some extent.
THis is good feedback, also understand that GIIS is moving to a new campus in Pungol, Would some one be able to comment on the quality of education/teaching in NPS and GIIS

nick.giis

Post by nick.giis » Sat, 26 Feb 2022 12:55 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Nick, a representative from GIIS Singapore and glad to provide you with the answers you seek! Global Indian International School has two campuses in Singapore, East Coast and the SMART campus in Punggol. We offer holistic programs to nurture well-rounded students and provide our students from Pre-K to Grade 12 with a complete international curriculum.

Our students have the option to choose between IB, CBSE, and Cambridge curriculum for their higher studies and the flexibility to alternate curricula. Ours is a dynamic educational framework aimed at fostering all-round development of students through an integrated, holistic approach to learning. Fusing the best of both Eastern and Western educational approaches, we are committed to academic excellence, sports excellence, skills development, and personality development.

At the SMART Campus in Punggol, we are one of the first schools in the world to offer NBA Standards Analytics for sports like Basketball to enhance team performances and learning outcomes. Immersive learning is best fostered with contemporary technology. At GIIS Singapore, we designed digitally powered classrooms to encourage collaboration, effective communication, and creativity because innovative thinking is non-negotiable in the 21st century. At GIIS’s Centre for Entrepreneurship, we conduct regular entrepreneurship boot camps for students between the ages of 12 to 18 to facilitate free-thinking and build confidence.

I hope I've been able to answer your queries, but if you do require more information, feel free to contact us via this link: https://singapore.globalindianschool.or ... quiry-form

sonam.sahni

Post by sonam.sahni » Fri, 13 Jan 2023 8:35 pm

Hi ,
We moved to India last year and I put my child in GIIS, I am highly disappointed by this school, its smart campus just for the sake. Teacher in primary are highly disappointing, lack of communication and above all there are examples I have seen in my child copy that hindi teacher herself wrting wrong hindi in notebook. No individual focus to kids performance, they just display the work on so called smart TV of smart campus and teacher never bothered to correct student if they writing anything wrong. Highly and extremely disappointed. Will withdraw my child after this session.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Jan 2023 5:31 pm

sonam.sahni wrote:
Fri, 13 Jan 2023 8:35 pm
Hi ,
We moved to India last year and I put my child in GIIS,
If you moved to india last year why are you putting your children in GIIS. You are complaining about poor grammar, etc., but yet you don't even proofread your own writing that is NOT done on the fly in the classroom, so there is no reason not to proofread before hitting send/post/submit. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Mon, 16 Jan 2023 2:10 pm

Is it just me or does this make no sense?

"but yet you don't even proofread your own writing that is NOT done on the fly in the classroom"
I not troll/wacko/spammer.
Me no expat. Me foreigner.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Jan 2023 10:52 pm

All for profit schools are shite because the financial model means pay the least possible to teachers and charge the parents the most.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Jan 2023 10:53 pm

tiktok wrote:
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 2:10 pm

"but yet you don't even proofread your own writing that is NOT done on the fly in the classroom"
Are you still here tickitycock? I thought you'd have run back to the motherlands now Covid is over?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jan 2023 11:10 pm

tiktok wrote:
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 2:10 pm

It's just you.

So you also have a hard time with idioms? He is complaining of errors happening in the classroom "examples I have seen in my child copy that hindi teacher herself wrting wrong hindi in notebook." If it is written in the classroom during school session, and not alone where you have ample time to go back and proofread your prose, then it can be said to be written on the fly. He obviously didn't proofread his copy before hitting send or he would have caught the error of "moved to India last year" as well as the various other errors. Oh, GIIS is located in Singapore, not India. Link under International Schools on this board. I didn't point out the capitalization and spelling earlier as we all do that but when you get the country wrong it changes the whole context of what he was saying.

https://grammarist.com/idiom/on-the-fly/
To do something on the fly means to do something without thought, one simply reacts to the situation as problems are presented.
How's this feel>>>again.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=4663
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Tue, 17 Jan 2023 12:10 pm

I know what "on the fly" means, thanks. It's the construction of this sentence that doesn't make sense. Too long in Singapore perhaps?

"but yet you don't even proofread your own writing that is NOT done on the fly in the classroom."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Jan 2023 9:53 pm

There is nothing incorrect in the sentence structure if you read it in context with the post it refers to. But then this doesn't really surprise me.

tiktok
Reporter
Reporter

Post by tiktok » Tue, 17 Jan 2023 10:31 pm

But there is something wrong. Never mind. Have a nice day.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 21 Jan 2023 1:51 am

PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 10:52 pm
All for profit schools are shite because the financial model means pay the least possible to teachers and charge the parents the most.
Completely agree, and you can see it in the way the school is managed and the way teachers handle students, they're simply not paid enough to care.