Singapore Expats

LTVP application **PLS HELP**

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
retrojunk

LTVP application **PLS HELP**

Post by retrojunk » Sat, 21 Apr 2018 7:25 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like some advise on below. I had just submitted my LTVP with my wife. I noticed a question that requires me to choose yes or no.

"Additional question from applicant"

*Did you enter into this marriage with you spouse to enable you to obtain long-term stay in Singapore"?

I was stuck thinking of this question for a very long, i indicated a yes and for the reason i indicated "i would want to stay with my husband after marriage"

Now i am thinking whether if i should choose no?

Have anyone encounter this question before????

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: LTVP application **PLS HELP**

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 21 Apr 2018 9:20 pm

The answer is 'no' - you didn't enter the marriage as a marriage of convenience in order to get an LTVP.

You've got the logic inside out - you're applying for an LTVP because you're are married. I think you read it as "*Did you apply for this LTVP with you spouse to enable you to obtain long-term stay in Singapore*"? (which is yes obviously).

At least you gave a solid reason which might stop them from denying the LTVP.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

retrojunk

Post by retrojunk » Sat, 21 Apr 2018 9:22 pm

PNGMK wrote:The answer is 'no' - you didn't enter the marriage as a marriage of convenience in order to get an LTVP.

You've got the logic inside out - you're applying for an LTVP because you're are married.

At least you gave a solid reason which might stop them from denying the LTVP.

Thanks bro. I gone through the pmla and gotten the lle too. I’m worried cause of my misinterpretation they reject her ltvp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retrojunk

Post by retrojunk » Tue, 08 May 2018 10:34 am

hi bro PNGMK,

I just received a e-mail from ICA stating that they are please to consider my application subject to submission of original documents below.

Copy of e-mail notice
Copy of duly completed Form 14B (LTVP application)
Applicant passport / DE card
Marriage cert
Sponsor NRIC / latest letter of employment / CPF statment
Letter of permission - MOM

After this submission, when will i know the results? i believe should be the IPA yes?

Can someone with similar situation in the past advise on this ?

retrojunk

Post by retrojunk » Sat, 12 May 2018 4:00 pm

Well just to share give and update and so that if any similar folks are in the same situation as me in the future.

Went down to ICA yesterday to submit all the documents necessary.
Told the officer frankly that i have misread, misinterpreted the question in my LTVP application below which i indicated YES. He was saying at if you feel is a NO you can strike it off and get applicant to countersign which i did and gotten my wife to countersign.

*Did you enter into this marriage with you spouse to enable you to obtain long-term stay in Singapore"?

The officer at the counter asked me and my wife is this our first marriage? (YES) is she pregnant? (NO) do we have any kids (NO) and siblings (Both single child).

Then he took out a piece of paper to ask me and my wife to write and declare whom are our immediate family members and signed off.

I was curious that I asked him what was this about, he replied that this is what is required in the system.

That's something new to me after reading so much forum in regards to LTVP.

So right now i can only patiently wait and hope for the best for this.

If any one has any comments feel free to reply. Cheers!

Sallytan91

Post by Sallytan91 » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 1:43 pm

I also just applied my LTVP yesterday.My answer also is ,no ‘ I same as you think very long at this question too .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 4:24 pm

Part of the questions asked by the Officer are logical in nature. 1st marriage (Yes) verifying legitimacy of marriage. Pregnant (would have been great but it doesn't signify a strong marriage if the marriage is because of the pregnancy or not). Do you have any kids (where are they, what are their ages, why aren't they on the application for LTVP (if yes are any of them male-if not on the application, then potential NS avoidance). And siblings, collateral baggage that might be planning on trying later on your coattails. Also, family size will be compared with earnings level and potential ability to support them. All those questions have threads to several different areas that the government has to take into consideration. It is what it is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers