Singapore Expats

The Professional Certificate of your current employment?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
minenaxiii

The Professional Certificate of your current employment?

Post by minenaxiii » Sat, 21 Apr 2018 9:46 am

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here and applying PR.
When I am applying (I am at document upload section now), there's a section that says "The Professional Certificate of your current employment" after Education Cert section and requires me to upload the document.

Does anyone know what is this? Is this certificate from my current company or is it from training course? I work as graphic designer, and I have never taken courses before.

Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: The Professional Certificate of your current employment?

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 23 Apr 2018 5:44 pm

minenaxiii wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here and applying PR.
When I am applying (I am at document upload section now), there's a section that says "The Professional Certificate of your current employment" after Education Cert section and requires me to upload the document.

Does anyone know what is this? Is this certificate from my current company or is it from training course? I work as graphic designer, and I have never taken courses before.

Thanks!
Please post a screen capture of what you see

minenaxiii

Post by minenaxiii » Mon, 23 Apr 2018 6:52 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
minenaxiii wrote:Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here and applying PR.

Thanks!
Hi it's here:
Attachments
3437686.LINE.jpg

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 23 Apr 2018 7:18 pm

minenaxiii wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Thanks!
Hi it's here:
Since you dont have that document, you can select dont have that document, unless you are working in professional jobs like doctors, etc

For your employment, you will be uploading Form 4A - Appendix A from the employer and that will tell them how long you have been with the company, your designation, salary, etc

xerxesshroff

Post by xerxesshroff » Thu, 10 May 2018 11:38 am

Hi,

I am stuck at the same page and unfortunately i do not have the option of "Do not have this document"

What am i to attach here, as it is mandatory?

Rangan

Post by Rangan » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:01 pm

I too struck today on this. "The Professional Certificate of your current employment?" this is marked as required. Kindly assist to advice what is this about. Not much information we could get on search.

thanks and best regards
Rangan

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:11 pm

Rangan wrote:
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:01 pm
I too struck today on this. "The Professional Certificate of your current employment?" this is marked as required. Kindly assist to advice what is this about. Not much information we could get on search.

thanks and best regards
Rangan
Removed the comment as it is not exactly right. Sorry
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Sat, 28 Mar 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rangan

Post by Rangan » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:45 pm

Dear Singapore flyer , thanks for your assistance. Current employer letter that you have mentioned asked to upload under separate upload hence I am not able to understand the professional certificate of your current employment refer to what document. as and when you come to know, kindly enlighten me.

thanks and best regards
Rangan

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:59 pm

If you are a python designer and that is your specialty, then they want to see the professional certification for you to qualify as a python designer. At least that is the way I read it. Singapore is a paper driven society. If you are a graphic artist, then you should have some professional qualification to show them. Otherwise, hearsay only. What was your degree in?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 28 Mar 2020 11:12 pm

Rangan wrote:
Sat, 28 Mar 2020 10:45 pm
Dear Singapore flyer , thanks for your assistance. Current employer letter that you have mentioned asked to upload under separate upload hence I am not able to understand the professional certificate of your current employment refer to what document. as and when you come to know, kindly enlighten me.

thanks and best regards
Rangan
There was a section in the manual PR form those days for Professional Certification,member of professional socities, etc. Since I was in IT, I uploaded my programming certifications issued by the company that certifies the programming language. (eg) like Sun Microsystems, Oracle, etc.

So you need to follow what SMS said. If you dont have any, you can select the option that you dont have any.

Rangan

Post by Rangan » Sun, 29 Mar 2020 7:33 am

Thanks to Singaporeflyer and sundaymorningstaple
this filed of attachment request is mandatory, there is no option to select "I dont have this document".
I will go through more and more to understand what is suitable for this requirement. in the mean time I have one question? current application draft will get deleted after a week, if that happen can i make new application so that I will see if any of the application entry that ask for this mandatory document.

in PR form " for Professional Certification,member of professional societies, etc " i selected Nil even than this document is asked for. my plan is wait for this draft gets deleted after a week , while doing again to see if this upload is asked for or not basis I can complete this form. any good suggestions and expert advice will be really helpful to me

thanks and best regards
Rangan

Jayden chg

Post by Jayden chg » Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:22 pm

May I know how it turned out on the second times you re-upload the application, did the system still ask for the professional cert of your current employment ?