Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
Idesigner
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 3:46 pm

Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by Idesigner » Fri, 20 Apr 2018 5:02 pm

Beware of this 20 Irrawaddy Road . Iresidences. #11-03 unscrupulous landlord and agent. Very unfair to tenant. leased 5 years there. Very well maintained. However they spent 16 days to return the deposit after handover. deducted huge amount of deposit. Despite of it’s 5 years stay wear and tear. The most ridiculous claim was Parquet floor ‘s one scratchline and bed legs marks repair cost : $650. He shouldn’t let anyone stay in the bedroom If he dosnt want any scratches on the floor.

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4243
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Re: Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 20 Apr 2018 5:07 pm

Idesigner wrote:Beware of this 20 Irrawaddy Road . Iresidences. #11-03 unscrupulous landlord and agent. Very unfair to tenant. leased 5 years there. Very well maintained. However they spent 16 days to return the deposit after handover. deducted huge amount of deposit. Despite of it’s 5 years stay wear and tear. The most ridiculous claim was Parquet floor ‘s one scratchline and bed legs marks repair cost : $650. He shouldn’t let anyone stay in the bedroom If he dosnt want any scratches on the floor.
I always negotiate hard before renting and then write-off the deposit. Over a 5 year period loss of deposit is no big deal considering how much you spent on rent. Just divide the deposit by number of months. I bet it is not even 5% of the rent.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 911
Joined: Wed, 08 May 2013 11:31 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by Max Headroom » Sat, 21 Apr 2018 8:40 am

Wd40 wrote:
I always negotiate hard before renting and then write-off the deposit. Over a 5 year period loss of deposit is no big deal considering how much you spent on rent. Just divide the deposit by number of months. I bet it is not even 5% of the rent.
What?? :???:

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4243
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Re: Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:15 am

Max Headroom wrote:
Wd40 wrote:
I always negotiate hard before renting and then write-off the deposit. Over a 5 year period loss of deposit is no big deal considering how much you spent on rent. Just divide the deposit by number of months. I bet it is not even 5% of the rent.
What?? :???:
This time I got a huge 5 room corner HDB for 1.8k in Taman Jurong. Not only did I negotiate for a low rent I also managed to get 1.5 years lease and the deposit is only 1 month. So only ,1.8k deposit.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

bgd
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1684
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 4:09 pm

Re: Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by bgd » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:32 am

You can help me with my next move :D

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8647
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:01 am

WD40 has a point. Also don't bother with all the crap they ask for like aircon cleaning every 3 months and marble floor polishing on departure. It's far cheaper to surrender the deposit in some cases.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4243
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Re: Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:05 am

PNGMK wrote:WD40 has a point. Also don't bother with all the crap they ask for like aircon cleaning every 3 months and marble floor polishing on departure. It's far cheaper to surrender the deposit in some cases.
Exactly :) That's what I do. I do servicing of the Aircon finally just before leaving and use that receipt as proof that the aircons are working. Even better, I tell the owner to send their own Aircon guy so they can verify that it is working.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 911
Joined: Wed, 08 May 2013 11:31 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Be ware of this unethical landlord and agent

Post by Max Headroom » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 8:21 am

Interesting perspective.

The air-con servicing is a pain in the arse I agree. But have you ever opened up one of them after it hasn't been serviced for a while? That felt screen loads up with serious crud. It also tends to start smelling mouldy after a while.

I don't think they need a full-on servicing this frequently from an air-con longevity point of view, but I think it's a good thing someone gives them a decent wash from a unit occupier health point of view. Necessary evil one ah.

As for the deposit, I've never had an issue with the LL not/only partially returning my cash. Maybe I need to get burned first before I go the forfeit route.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests