Singapore Expats

Need suggestion if working through Consultancy in Singapore is good option or not

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
vsankale

Need suggestion if working through Consultancy in Singapore is good option or not

Post by vsankale » Fri, 20 Apr 2018 3:25 pm

Hi all,

I am for India and recently hired by an human resource agency (Adecco) singapour
and i am paid by the agency instead of my direct company.

May i know is there any difference or risk associated with this kind of Employment contract.

I am a senior software engineer and and will be working for Investment Bank client through Adecco.

salary 6300 sgd offered.

Thanks
Vaishali

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Need suggestion if working through Consultancy in Singapore is good option or not

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Apr 2018 5:30 pm

Have you received your Employment Pass yet? Or have you at least received the IPA (In Principle approval). If you have not received it yet, keep your fingers crossed as they are getting harder and harder for agencies to obtain.

Frankly, today, working for a manpower supplier - Addeco is/was a recruitment agency but like most agencies here, also provide manpower at a price to the end user so the end-user doesn't have to have them on their headcount/payroll. Additionally, when the end-user no longer need the extra bodies, then if your agency doesn't have an immediate replacement position, you will lose your EP and be sent packing. There was a time being in a contract position like that was a blessing, but today with so much being outsourced at a moment's notice. It isn't an ideal position, but if you use the time to network, you might find yourself with an end-user direct offer. Again, if you are in IT/financials even that is a gamble now. Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers