Singapore Expats Forum

All PR applications pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
borncurious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2018

All PR applications pending

Postby borncurious » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 9:22 am

Seems like all the PR applications pending irrespective of nationality, race and profile...No approval/Rejections.. No idea what is going on..

User avatar
luckycricket
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed, 04 Oct 2017

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby luckycricket » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 9:56 am

borncurious wrote:Seems like all the PR applications pending irrespective of nationality, race and profile...No approval/Rejections.. No idea what is going on..

And how do you know that? Are you running some PR Approval Registration Center?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11297
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:42 am

luckycricket wrote:
borncurious wrote:Seems like all the PR applications pending irrespective of nationality, race and profile...No approval/Rejections.. No idea what is going on..

And how do you know that? Are you running some PR Approval Registration Center?


^^^^^^^^^

Image

borncurious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2018

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby borncurious » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:53 am

luckycricket wrote:
borncurious wrote:Seems like all the PR applications pending irrespective of nationality, race and profile...No approval/Rejections.. No idea what is going on..

And how do you know that? Are you running some PR Approval Registration Center?


Based on feedbacks on this forum, friends and colleagues.....Seems like are you are offended and hence you might be running PR Approval Registration Center with all the CORRECT info with you.....

borncurious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2018

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby borncurious » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:54 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
luckycricket wrote:
borncurious wrote:Seems like all the PR applications pending irrespective of nationality, race and profile...No approval/Rejections.. No idea what is going on..

And how do you know that? Are you running some PR Approval Registration Center?


^^^^^^^^^

Image


Facebook likes is a load of trash anyway.....

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon, 29 Jul 2013

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby brian_singapore » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:01 pm

Has it occurred that the people who are getting approved probably aren't getting online and complaining about it?

Your sample may be skewed.

borncurious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2018

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby borncurious » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:08 pm

brian_singapore wrote:Has it occurred that the people who are getting approved probably aren't getting online and complaining about it?

Your sample may be skewed.


All will scroll through this forum for information, suggestions and feedback. Sharing in this forum has helped many in the past. But, after getting approval, most of them keep quiet. So you are right in a way.... :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35439
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:26 pm

borncurious wrote:
brian_singapore wrote:Has it occurred that the people who are getting approved probably aren't getting online and complaining about it?

Your sample may be skewed.


All will scroll through this forum for information, suggestions and feedback. Sharing in this forum has helped many in the past. But, after getting approval, most of them keep quiet. So you are right in a way.... :D


Those who scroll through this forum are only a drop in the bucket. We can only hope for a reasonable sampling of applicants, but normally, because the forms are designed to be simple enough for an 'N' level education to fill out, most have no need to troll forums for help and 'let's commiserate together' type of stuff, therefore, they fill out the forms and just get along with their life and if it happens it happens. brian_singapore has it spot on. This is why we don't have much patience with those who ask the same meaningless questions over and over and over, ad nauseum. ](*,) #-o

borncurious
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2018

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby borncurious » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
borncurious wrote:
brian_singapore wrote:Has it occurred that the people who are getting approved probably aren't getting online and complaining about it?

Your sample may be skewed.


All will scroll through this forum for information, suggestions and feedback. Sharing in this forum has helped many in the past. But, after getting approval, most of them keep quiet. So you are right in a way.... :D


Those who scroll through this forum are only a drop in the bucket. We can only hope for a reasonable sampling of applicants, but normally, because the forms are designed to be simple enough for an 'N' level education to fill out, most have no need to troll forums for help and 'let's commiserate together' type of stuff, therefore, they fill out the forms and just get along with their life and if it happens it happens. brian_singapore has it spot on. This is why we don't have much patience with those who ask the same meaningless questions over and over and over, ad nauseum. ](*,) #-o


Sounds Logical and Reasonable. Fair enough...

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5976
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: All PR applications pending

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 1:42 pm

If there is a pause in approvals it's most likely related to the rhythm's of government rather than anything dreadful. For example Tax submittal season is on us and we suspect the ICA pull the IRAS data as part of their approval review process... I personally think April to June is a bad time to try to get REPs and PR's approved as the IRAS data 'may' be 12 months out of date and they will wait for updated data and you drop to the bottom of the pile while waiting.

If anything the number of PR approvals is going up since the disastrous GE where the gahmen faced a real backlash over the plan to have 6MM people here soon and the subsequent complaints about infrastructure loading (that tune has changed to a very silent hum).
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests