Singapore Expats

Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Sarky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 7:30 am

Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by Sarky » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:03 am

Hello,
I'm in a dilemma and need your kind advice.
1)Iam a SPR for 10 years and 2nd renewal is due in Oct 18.

2)I had applied for Australian PR and got a message to obtain my Singapore police verification by end April 18.

3)I tried applying for singapore police verification online but they are asking the reason and I have to reveal that it's for Australian PR

4)If I reveal then would it affect my Singapore PR renewal which is just months away?

5)I have a consistent record for last 10 years,bought a HDB,consistently filed Taxes ,have two sons

Please advise.I don't have much time.

Regards

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4300
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:21 am

Sarky wrote:Hello,
I'm in a dilemma and need your kind advice.
1)Iam a SPR for 10 years and 2nd renewal is due in Oct 18.

2)I had applied for Australian PR and got a message to obtain my Singapore police verification by end April 18.

3)I tried applying for singapore police verification online but they are asking the reason and I have to reveal that it's for Australian PR

4)If I reveal then would it affect my Singapore PR renewal which is just months away?

5)I have a consistent record for last 10 years,bought a HDB,consistently filed Taxes ,have two sons

Please advise.I don't have much time.

Regards
As long as you have physically resided in SG (last 3 years) and paid your CPF, you should not face any issue in REP renewal.

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:40 am

Sarky wrote:Hello,
I'm in a dilemma and need your kind advice.
1)Iam a SPR for 10 years and 2nd renewal is due in Oct 18.

2)I had applied for Australian PR and got a message to obtain my Singapore police verification by end April 18.

3)I tried applying for singapore police verification online but they are asking the reason and I have to reveal that it's for Australian PR

4)If I reveal then would it affect my Singapore PR renewal which is just months away?

5)I have a consistent record for last 10 years,bought a HDB,consistently filed Taxes ,have two sons

Please advise.I don't have much time.

Regards
There is no issue holding two PR's.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Sarky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 7:30 am

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by Sarky » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 10:45 am

Thanks for the immediate response mates..Out of curiosity,why Singapore police Site is asking for details?Do they share with ICA for profiling? Or just foe survey?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4300
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 11:29 am

Sarky wrote:Thanks for the immediate response mates..Out of curiosity,why Singapore police Site is asking for details?Do they share with ICA for profiling? Or just foe survey?

They are asking for details, because they want to issue the certificate, ONLY if there is a valid reason and need. Else, anyone might apply?

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:57 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sarky wrote:Thanks for the immediate response mates..Out of curiosity,why Singapore police Site is asking for details?Do they share with ICA for profiling? Or just foe survey?

They are asking for details, because they want to issue the certificate, ONLY if there is a valid reason and need. Else, anyone might apply?
There are (IMO) three main reasons that will be acceptable; employment check, immigration to another country and licensing or registration requirements (for example for a vocational licence like a nurse or teacher).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4300
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 2:01 pm

PNGMK wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sarky wrote:Thanks for the immediate response mates..Out of curiosity,why Singapore police Site is asking for details?Do they share with ICA for profiling? Or just foe survey?

They are asking for details, because they want to issue the certificate, ONLY if there is a valid reason and need. Else, anyone might apply?
There are (IMO) three main reasons that will be acceptable; employment check, immigration to another country and licensing or registration requirements (for example for a vocational licence like a nurse or teacher).
FYI, the reasons that are acceptable have already been listed on the SPF website.

Sarky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 7:30 am

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by Sarky » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 2:20 pm

Thanks folks,
The SPF site has this drop down box where it prompts us to select three reasons out of five for immigrating.

1) immigrating because of stressful life here?
2)because of stress due to studies?
3) Because I don't want my sons to undergo NS?
4) because of better employment opportunities overseas?
5) others

I was speculating the reasons for them to ask these details.They must be using this info somewhere.What for?To alert ICA of my intention of immigrating soon?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4300
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 3:10 pm

Sarky wrote:Thanks folks,
The SPF site has this drop down box where it prompts us to select three reasons out of five for immigrating.

1) immigrating because of stressful life here?
2)because of stress due to studies?
3) Because I don't want my sons to undergo NS?
4) because of better employment opportunities overseas?
5) others

I was speculating the reasons for them to ask these details.They must be using this info somewhere.What for?To alert ICA of my intention of immigrating soon?
No one here can give a concrete answer for your questions. Reason is none of us here work for SPF or ICA.

Seems like you are too worried...

Sarky
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 7:30 am

Re: Singapore PR renewal and Australian PR dilemma

Post by Sarky » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 11:58 am

Thanks Friends for taking your time out and responding to me

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests