Singapore Expats Forum

Applying PR with consultancy companies

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

Re: Applying PR with consultancy companies

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Dec 2018 6:03 pm

And you probably fell for that clap-trap. You were an easy target. They cannot put down any information that you don't give them, otherwise, when you get to the interview, you will be caught with your panties in a bunch. They are sales-y & pushy for a reason. They have been found out to be charlatans and nothing more that form fillers with a glib tongue. But if you have deep pockets, feel free to feed their egos. But remember, you would have gotten or been rejected either way had you filled the forms out yourself. After all, they were designed to be filled out by somebody with only a N level education.

ellatyne

Postby ellatyne » Tue, 04 Dec 2018 10:00 pm

Yes actually after consideration and consultation of others who have PR now I think at least the best thing to do is attempt myself alone initially.

Appreciate this thread and peoples honest opinions and experiences. Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 8:49 am

Good Luck. Oh, another thing we all have learned over the years with regard to these cheap-shot form-fillers. They like to advertise that they have a 95% or close success rate. Sounds nice on the website and is, in all probability, correct. What isn't on the site or if it is, it's found on some obscure page in small print that they reserve the right to not accept you as a client. The reason for this is simple. It pretty easy (or used to be) to see a shoe-in type of candidate with a higher than average chance of having the PR accepted (much the same as our high ratio of yeahs & neighs that we offer as a gut feeling why somebody asks us our feelings on chances. But they will turn you down if they feel you don't stand a ghosts chance in a snowstorm of being successful. That way, they aren't actually lying about their success rate but they don't advertise the fact that they use selective engagement practices.

Again, we wish you luck. Just read the form carefully and don't try to read between the lines to find another meaning. The forms are pretty straight forward.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 10:01 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And you probably fell for that clap-trap. You were an easy target. They cannot put down any information that you don't give them, otherwise, when you get to the interview, you will be caught with your panties in a bunch. They are sales-y & pushy for a reason. They have been found out to be charlatans and nothing more that form fillers with a glib tongue. But if you have deep pockets, feel free to feed their egos. But remember, you would have gotten or been rejected either way had you filled the forms out yourself. After all, they were designed to be filled out by somebody with only a N level education.

You would be surprised at who is using these companies.

I have discussed with folk , how exactly they can help when you are only putting down information that you know? , and as you say the forms take almost no time to fill in as they are not designed to be complicated.

These are very intelligent folk , but I guess when you are drinking in last chance saloon you will try anything.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Skylokie

Postby Skylokie » Sun, 09 Dec 2018 5:51 pm

Hi all,

Just to say my side of long story..short story.
My wife is a Vietnamese. She came into Singapore. ICA granted her a 3 years long term pass which I'm grateful. But it does not come for free. I followed to ICA rules..any marriage above 3 years have higher % to get ltvp+. So all the while my wife and me is apart for above 3 years since married. Before I settle down with house and same time applied for her ltvp. Into her 6 month ltvp 6 months. I applied pr just by following what is needed. 13 month of waiting..she got her PR. Thou the pr waiting duration results is 4 to 6 months. It really depand on the sponsor in the case if you are supporting her PR. Your job, your education, how long you work, your CPF, your income tax. Any kids born to the marriage. God bless all members.

Regards
Lokie

Skylokie

Postby Skylokie » Sun, 09 Dec 2018 6:02 pm

Ya..just to touch up. My wife got started working for 6 months before I applied for her PR. Singapore want to see if you are able to cope and adjust yourself in Singapore as a whole. To now she had worked over a year. Now is the right time to apply PR for my daughter.

NP167

Postby NP167 » Wed, 16 Jan 2019 11:33 am

Seems your experiences are quite similar to mine :)). I wasted 2hrs in their fancy office and get nothing. Like others, they asked me to make payment immediately but anyhow, I bargained as I wanted to pay for 2% first then if successful, I will pay 98% otherwise 2% as their admin fees. LOL
Of course, no deal at all and I left peacefully.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BBCDoc » Thu, 17 Jan 2019 12:12 am

Found out my Sister in law used one of these companies to apply for PR. She works for an extremely famous tech company.

As to the outcome, it has been over 12 months, she doesn’t talk about it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more