Singapore Expats

Assessing citizenship application chance of success

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
arcticdream

Assessing citizenship application chance of success

Post by arcticdream » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 2:32 pm

Handed in my application last week,wonder how long will it take and what is my chance of approval?

mainland Chinese, female, MBA from Europe, early 40's, divorced no children, EP from 2011, PR applied March 2015 granted Sept 2015; annual income $700K to $ 1m during 4 years depending on bonus. working in consulting.

thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Assessing citizenship application chance of success

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 5:18 pm

Wanna get married? :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 5:45 pm

arcticdream wrote:Handed in my application last week,wonder how long will it take and what is my chance of approval?

mainland Chinese, female, MBA from Europe, early 40's, divorced no children, EP from 2011, PR applied March 2015 granted Sept 2015; annual income $700K to $ 1m during 4 years depending on bonus. working in consulting.

thanks
May be a little early. After 1 REP renewal, you will have a decent chance.

arcticdream

Post by arcticdream » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Wanna get married? :cool:
Thank you but definitely no!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:58 pm

arcticdream wrote:Handed in my application last week,wonder how long will it take and what is my chance of approval?

thanks
Your mileage may vary but I see two negatives. Limited chance of breeding cannon fodder and a mobile career. Neither are family / population friendly.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 16 Apr 2018 1:21 pm

arcticdream wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Wanna get married? :cool:
Thank you but definitely no!
Good call! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arcticdream

Post by arcticdream » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 10:33 am

PNGMK wrote:

thanks
Your mileage may vary but I see two negatives. Limited chance of breeding cannon fodder and a mobile career. Neither are family / population friendly.
Thank you! Wont economic contribution counter these 2 factors? in terms of tax paid etc

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 12:58 pm

Not likely. Now if you were to open a company staffed with locals and making a decent profit, THEN you would be contributing to the economy. Oh, as marriage was a joke. But again, good call. I've been married for 34 years and still going strong. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 1:05 pm

arcticdream wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

thanks
Thank you! Wont economic contribution counter these 2 factors? in terms of tax paid etc
As SMS said probably not really... you're over the entry barrier that's the main thing (4k or 6k or whatever it is p.m.). The primary drive behind the ICA approvals is population growth to fix their TFR issue. You can read their papers on it (the Annual Statistics report makes it clear what PR and SC is for - between the lines. Best chances for approval are fertile age Chinese couples from Malaysia....

skipper
Regular
Regular

Post by skipper » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 5:04 pm

PNGMK wrote:
arcticdream wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
As SMS said probably not really... you're over the entry barrier that's the main thing (4k or 6k or whatever it is p.m.). The primary drive behind the ICA approvals is population growth to fix their TFR issue. You can read their papers on it (the Annual Statistics report makes it clear what PR and SC is for - between the lines. Best chances for approval are fertile age Chinese couples from Malaysia....
Well, we have a Malaysian Chinese guy who is a Senior Manager here in the office. His wife is also Malaysian Chinese working in a local university. They're in their mid 40's with no children -- not that they haven't tried. Definitely not fertile but was granted citizenship last year. They've been in SG for less than 5 years..

arcticdream

Post by arcticdream » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 8:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not likely. Now if you were to open a company staffed with locals and making a decent profit, THEN you would be contributing to the economy. Oh, as marriage was a joke. But again, good call. I've been married for 34 years and still going strong. :cool:
I thought you must be joking :lol: Great to hear about your happy marriage! and thanks very much for the kind note - the lack of clear indication of criteria is not ideal.

arcticdream

Post by arcticdream » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 8:55 pm

skipper wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
arcticdream wrote:
Well, we have a Malaysian Chinese guy who is a Senior Manager here in the office. His wife is also Malaysian Chinese working in a local university. They're in their mid 40's with no children -- not that they haven't tried. Definitely not fertile but was granted citizenship last year. They've been in SG for less than 5 years..
this conversation about fertility and kids is #-o depressing...

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:40 pm

arcticdream wrote:
skipper wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
this conversation about fertility and kids is #-o depressing...
There's no hard and fast open rule. As the post above shows there are exceptions.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:31 pm

arcticdream wrote: this conversation about fertility and kids is #-o depressing...
Singapore, since the 1970's has put itself into self-destruct mode from which they do not know how to extract themselves from. The only solution for a country with a TFR (Total Fertility Rate) of only around 1.13 and forcing the government to curb immigration and foreigners here at the same time is going to be sell the country to the lowest bidder. Seriously, Fertility and makin' babies is foremost on the government's mind as they don't know how to reverse the TFR without losing the election. Yes, it is rather depressing.

gio2018

Post by gio2018 » Mon, 24 Dec 2018 2:40 pm

Hi arcticdream

is there any update on your citizenship application?

Thanks
Gio2018