Singapore Expats

PR pending for 9 months (appiled in July 2017)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
superpig303

PR pending for 9 months (appiled in July 2017)

Post by superpig303 » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 11:52 am

Hello everyone, I have applied PR in July 2017, but still pending for now. Is there any smiliar experience? I don't know what does it mean for such a long period of pending... feel frustrated.

Some profiles as follows: 28yrs Chinese single male, PhD holder from National University of Singapore, has been in Singapore since 2013, now working in a government holding company (healthcare industry) for 1 year already (annual salary around 70,000 sgd).

Any advice on what i can do in current situation? Should I call ICA to remind them (seriously, i feel they forget looking into my application)....

Thanks guys

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR pending for 9 months (appiled in July 2017)

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:03 pm

superpig303 wrote:Hello everyone, I have applied PR in July 2017, but still pending for now. Is there any smiliar experience? I don't know what does it mean for such a long period of pending... feel frustrated.

Some profiles as follows: 28yrs Chinese single male, PhD holder from National University of Singapore, has been in Singapore since 2013, now working in a government holding company (healthcare industry) for 1 year already (annual salary around 70,000 sgd).

Any advice on what i can do in current situation? Should I call ICA to remind them (seriously, i feel they forget looking into my application)....

Thanks guys
Please wait patiently. They for sure have not forgot your application. Reminding them and showing that you are desparate may result in rejection.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 1:21 pm

I was looking through an old passport the other day. I applied for PR about a year after I got my first EP (1992) so probably late 83 and I had it by early 1994. Man times have changed.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 1:38 pm

superpig303 wrote:Hello everyone, I have applied PR in July 2017, but still pending for now. Is there any smiliar experience? I don't know what does it mean for such a long period of pending... feel frustrated.

Thanks guys
Similar profile: Chinese + NUS PhD + EP holding for almost 1.5 years. Applied Sep 2017, still pending. Was asked for family background last month.

borncurious

Post by borncurious » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 6:50 pm

Applied 2017 Sept and it has been 1.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 6:51 pm

borncurious wrote:Applied 2017 Sept and it has been 1.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)
Sept 2017 till now is NOT 1.5 years.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 10:21 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
borncurious wrote:Applied 2017 Sept and it has been 1.5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! ](*,)
Sept 2017 till now is NOT 1.5 years.
I think I can see why he's still waiting. :-k :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cupofcoffee

Post by cupofcoffee » Tue, 10 Apr 2018 10:57 pm

I'm in a similar situation, with a similar profile, except I am Malaysian Chinese.

PhD here, working for ~2 years.
Applied 7 months ago.

Recently a few of my ex-colleagues were rejected/accepted mostly after 8 months, with only 1 being accepted after 6 months. Maybe they are reading our theses! Mine's quite loooong...

mendanishant

Post by mendanishant » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 11:47 am

Dear Friends, one of my very close friend is working with a French bank via a contracting agency & his EP renewal recently got rejected (it was applied for with a salary of 5400$), post the 1st rejection the agency reapplied with a salary of 5800$ (FYI he just has 2yrs of experience)..any leads on if any one has encountered this situation n what are the chances of this getting thru n if not what should be the next step...any help would be sincerely appreciated!!Many Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 1:18 pm

I think he should probably count on Plan B, e.g., going home. Getting passes via bodyshops (to being seconded to a client's location) is getting very hard and reapplying with a higher salary tells the MOM that he's probably going to have to find a way to kick back the difference in salary to the bodyshop. This is why bodyshops are having problems either getting new applications approved or getting renewals for existing ones.

Can he apply through the client he's seconded too? Do they have headcount or even a department for his employment? IT izzit?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mendanishant

Post by mendanishant » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 1:33 pm

Dear Friend,

Thank you for the reply. Appreciate your response, answering your question, the company that he has been seconded for does not have a full time headcount & for them to generate a new headcount will be a never ending process.
Quite disheartening to know these facts, I clearly don’t understand MoM’s intention.

Any other inputs guys, is it possible for him to apply for a S-pass then?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 2:04 pm

Unless the bodyshop ticked the box on the EP application (to be considered for an S pass if found ineligible for the EP), he is dead in the water. He cannot go back, with the same company, and apply for the S pass. It has to be done either initially for an S pass, or in conjunction with the EP application. If not ticked then cannot go back and reapply for S pass.

Oh, MOM's intentions are perfectly clear, albeit not too smart. They are doing the government's bidding in reducing the Foreign Talent and Labour force in Singapore. Singaporeans first. It's been happening for the last 5 years now.

sljune

Post by sljune » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 2:44 pm

Same here.
Applied July 2017 till now still pending.
I am Malaysian Chinese female 24, working as a preschool teacher in Sg, been holding EP for 2 years plus and just renewed EP as well.
Everyday checking the status :(

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 4:00 pm

cupofcoffee wrote:I'm in a similar situation, with a similar profile, except I am Malaysian Chinese.

Applied 7 months ago.

Recently a few of my ex-colleagues were rejected/accepted mostly after 8 months, with only 1 being accepted after 6 months. Maybe they are reading our theses! Mine's quite loooong...
If you don't mind me asking, are your ex-colleagues also Malaysian Chinese?

cupofcoffee

Post by cupofcoffee » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 5:32 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:
cupofcoffee wrote:I'm in a similar situation, with a similar profile, except I am Malaysian Chinese.

Applied 7 months ago.

If you don't mind me asking, are your ex-colleagues also Malaysian Chinese?
Nope, just me. Others are generally PRC/South Asian.