Singapore Expats

Landlord is requesting IDs for all my family members living in his flat - normal or not?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
xixilinda

Landlord is requesting IDs for all my family members living in his flat - normal or not?

Post by xixilinda » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 11:26 am

The agent /Landlord is requesting IDs for all my family members living in his flat, including my kids and my helper passport. I have provided my and my husband's IDs already, but my kids are not the Parties to the Lease Agreement and I am reluctant to provide theirs. We have never encountered this in our 7 year stay in Singapore. Is this normal/standard request (to provide the kids' ID) in Singapore?
Appreciate all your replies.
Last edited by xixilinda on Mon, 09 Apr 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Landlord is requesting IDs for all my family members living in his flat - normal or not?

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 12:30 pm

xixilinda wrote:The agent /Landlord is requesting IDs for all my family members living in his flat, including my kids and my helper passport. But my kids are not the Parties to the Lease Agreement. We have never encountered this in our 7 year stay in Singapore. Is this normal/standard request in Singapore?
It's reasonable considering the LL has a liability if you have illegal visa overstayers there.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Landlord is requesting IDs for all my family members living in his flat - normal or not?

Post by brian_singapore » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 5:33 pm

I had to provide pass information for my whole family and register my helpers when they were hired.

The lease specifies who the occupants are in the premises.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 10:09 pm

xixilinda wrote:The agent /Landlord is requesting IDs for all my family members living in his flat, including my kids and my helper passport. I have provided my and my husband's IDs already, but my kids are not the Parties to the Lease Agreement and I am reluctant to provide theirs. We have never encountered this in our 7 year stay in Singapore. Is this normal/standard request (to provide the kids' ID) in Singapore?
Not just normal, but a legal requirement.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

xixilinda

Post by xixilinda » Tue, 17 Apr 2018 5:45 pm

Thanks you all. looks like a standard procedure.