Singapore Expats

IT job for Dependent Pass Holders in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
vikram.n.86

IT job for Dependent Pass Holders in Singapore

Post by vikram.n.86 » Fri, 06 Apr 2018 2:20 pm

Hello Expats,

I will be moving to Singapore in the month of July (2018) on Dependent Pass. I have total of 10 years experience in IT field and worked on various technologies (Java, JS, Angular etc). Will I get a job with Dependent Pass? If I get a job what is the minimum salary I should expect for my experience?

Thanks

gallu1

Re: IT job for Dependent Pass Holders in Singapore

Post by gallu1 » Sun, 28 Jun 2020 6:28 pm

Hi Vikram,
If you are a dependent of an E pass holder it would be easier for you to find a job. Don't be tenacious about your salary as this would be your first job in Singapore. Hiring agencies will prefer who has work experience in Singapore as it is important to have an understanding about Singapore work culture, so I suggest it is better not to negotiate on your first job.
These are some tips that may help you,
Mention on your resume either on the first para or on the last para that you are eligible to work without work pass.
Connect with Talent Acquisition folks on LinkedIn.
Mention on your LinkedIn account that you are available immediately.

In case if you are a dependent of an s pass holder you cannot work as a dependent, the company need to provide a work pass for you. In this case it would be a rat race, but don't feel disappointed remember if there is a will there is always a way.
These are some tips that may help you
Focus on MNC as they can provide a work pass easily
Go to the job portal of the company website (all the MNC related to your industry) and apply directly, as some jobs may not be posted in job sites.
Constantly check for related opportunities and apply directly.
Connect with Talent Acquisition folks on LinkedIn.
Mention on your LinkedIn account and your resume that you are available immediately.

All the best!