Singapore Expats

Moving back to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Singapourienne

Moving back to Singapore

Post by Singapourienne » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 12:13 am

Hi everyone

I’ve been reading through lots of posts on this forum to try to understand more about relocating to Singapore and would appreciate some advice.

I am a Singapore citizen who is married to my Swiss husband. We are currently living in Paris because of his job posting. However, we would like to move to Singapore to settle and start a family and be closer to my family and friends.

I moved to Toronto back in 2013 to live with him in Canada (he was posted there for work) under a common law status until June 2016, when we got married there. He was then posted to Paris in Jan 2017 and we have been living there since. During this time, I was taking on a couple of freelance projects but did not have a full time job.

Ideally we would like to apply for PR for him in Singapore as we intend to stay there for the considerable future. However, as I am not working, I’m worried that it may affect our chances.

A bit of background about us: we both have bachelor’s degrees and I was holding a managerial position in singapore until I left in 2013, earning about 55k per year. He is currently earning more than 200k per year in his role in France. I am 33 and he is 31.

We thought about applying for the LTVP but it seems that that is dependent on me actually having a job in singapore and sponsoring him. How should we approach this if he is the main income provider in our household?

Appreciate any help you can give!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Moving back to Singapore

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:22 am

Singapourienne wrote:Hi everyone

I’ve been reading through lots of posts on this forum to try to understand more about relocating to Singapore and would appreciate some advice.

I am a Singapore citizen who is married to my Swiss husband. We are currently living in Paris because of his job posting. However, we would like to move to Singapore to settle and start a family and be closer to my family and friends.

I moved to Toronto back in 2013 to live with him in Canada (he was posted there for work) under a common law status until June 2016, when we got married there. He was then posted to Paris in Jan 2017 and we have been living there since. During this time, I was taking on a couple of freelance projects but did not have a full time job.

Ideally we would like to apply for PR for him in Singapore as we intend to stay there for the considerable future. However, as I am not working, I’m worried that it may affect our chances.

A bit of background about us: we both have bachelor’s degrees and I was holding a managerial position in singapore until I left in 2013, earning about 55k per year. He is currently earning more than 200k per year in his role in France. I am 33 and he is 31.

We thought about applying for the LTVP but it seems that that is dependent on me actually having a job in singapore and sponsoring him. How should we approach this if he is the main income provider in our household?

Appreciate any help you can give!
If he is going to be the main income provider for the family, he should get a job in SG and then get his employer in SG to apply for an employment pass.