Singapore Expats Forum

Cholera Vaccination

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Adeena

Cholera Vaccination

Postby Adeena » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 11:56 am

Hi all,
My husband and I are moving to Singapore later this year. I've read that the CDC apparently recommends a Cholera vaccination amongst others, which is one of the only things we're not up to date on, as you need boosters for that shot. I'm just wondering is it really necessary? Have there been any cases in the last 20 years in or nearby? I've read the tap water is safe to drink there, so I'm not sure if we should bother with that one . Did/Does anyone else here get Cholera vaccines?
Adeena :)

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Re: Cholera Vaccination

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 28 Mar 2018 12:43 pm

Adeena wrote:Hi all,
My husband and I are moving to Singapore later this year. I've read that the CDC apparently recommends a Cholera vaccination amongst others, which is one of the only things we're not up to date on, as you need boosters for that shot. I'm just wondering is it really necessary? Have there been any cases in the last 20 years in or nearby? I've read the tap water is safe to drink there, so I'm not sure if we should bother with that one . Did/Does anyone else here get Cholera vaccines?

No you don't need it.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!

dream567

Re: Cholera Vaccination

Postby dream567 » Wed, 11 Apr 2018 4:00 pm

Adeena wrote:Hi all,

No it is not necessary base on my knowledge. And yes tap water is safe to drink in singapore