Singapore Expats

Requesting feedback on PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
titans2857

Requesting feedback on PR application

Post by titans2857 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:57 pm

Dear all,

We applied PR(mine and new born baby) back in May 2017 under sponsorship of my wife.
She was working fulltime when we applied the SPR(baby was merely a month old), that time my parents were here to take care of baby but eventually they had to go back to India. My wife decided to quite the job till baby is old enough, so that we can hire helper and she will find another job. Now the baby is going to be 1 year old next month, we have started looking for helper and she has already started looking for job but i guess it will be a while till she finds a decent job.

Today we received a letter from ICA, asking sponsor to submit the employement details(employer letter, CPF contribution) or to furnish a letter of explanation if can't submit those documents.

Application details:
Sponsor: Wife (PRC, SPR since 2014, edu: Poly+Bachelor)
Applicants: Husband(Indian, ROM in Aug2015, Edu: Poly(India)+Bachelor(Aus Uni via SIM, going to grad this year end), working in local university in IT, with 90-95k anum),
Son(going to be 1 year next month, on Chinese passport and currently on LTVP)

This is my third application.

We will go ICA with the letter of explanation and will tell them that she is looking for job.

What does the experts here suggest on best course of action and our chances? Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Edited for privacy.
Last edited by titans2857 on Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

titans2857

Re: Requesting feedback on PR application

Post by titans2857 » Tue, 03 Apr 2018 9:58 am

Seems no one has any feedback or opinion on our case.
May I ask Mods to close/delete this thread please.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:15 am

titans2857 wrote:Dear all,

We applied PR(mine and new born baby) back in May 2017 under sponsorship of my wife.
She was working fulltime when we applied the SPR(baby was merely a month old), that time my parents were here to take care of baby but eventually they had to go back to India. My wife decided to quite the job till baby is old enough, so that we can hire helper and she can find another job. Now the baby is going to be 1 year old next month, we have started looking for helper and she has already started looking for job but i guess it will be a while till she finds a decent job.

Today we received a letter from ICA, asking sponsor to submit the employement details(employer letter, CPF contribution) or to furnish a letter of explanation if can't submit those documents.

Application details:
Applicants: Husband(Indian, we are couples since 2014, ROM in Aug2015, Edu: Poly(India)+Bachelor(Aus Uni via SIM, going to grad this year end), working in local university in IT, with 90-95k anum)
Son(going to be 1 year next month, on Chinese passport and LTVP ATM)

I came to SG in Dec 2013, met my current wife and started dating and moved in together in mid 2014, we applied the PR almost together, i got rejected within 3 months(for obivious reseason, i was here only couple of months and an Indian and a fool, thinking i was special), she got approved(she studied in local poly) and been here since 2011.
Second time, i was hesitant, having read these forums and knowing Indians are not the flavours but wife insisted and applied PR second time in March 2016, got rejected 6 months later.
This is my third application with our son(his LTVP was approved in Aug 2017).

We will go ICA with the letter of explanation and will tell them that she is looking for job.

What does the experts here suggest on best course of action and our chances? Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Give it a few days. No replies simply means that the people that have read your post so far don't feel qualified to render an opinion, or, they are still thinking it through before writing a response.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:49 am

titans2857 wrote:Dear all,

She was working fulltime when we applied the SPR(baby was merely a month old), that time my parents were here to take care of baby but eventually they had to go back to India. My wife decided to quite the job till baby is old enough, so that we can hire helper and she can find another job. Now the baby is going to be 1 year old next month, we have started looking for helper and she has already started looking for job but i guess it will be a while till she finds a decent job.

Application details:
Applicants: Husband(Indian, we are couples since 2014, ROM in Aug2015, Edu: Poly(India)+Bachelor(Aus Uni via SIM, going to grad this year end), working in local university in IT, with 90-95k anum)
Son(going to be 1 year next month, on Chinese passport and LTVP ATM)

I came to SG in Dec 2013, met my current wife and started dating and moved in together in mid 2014, we applied the PR almost together, i got rejected within 3 months(for obivious reseason, i was here only couple of months and an Indian and a fool, thinking i was special), she got approved(she studied in local poly) and been here since 2011.
Second time, i was hesitant, having read these forums and knowing Indians are not the flavours but wife insisted and applied PR second time in March 2016, got rejected 6 months later.
This is my third application with our son(his LTVP was approved in Aug 2017).

Thanks in advance.
Since when is your wife not working?

titans2857

Post by titans2857 » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks for your response Strong Eagle and singaporeflyer.

It's been 7 months since she quit her job.

Just to update we have submitted the letter to ICA explaining our situation.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 04 Apr 2018 10:50 pm

titans2857 wrote:Thanks for your response Strong Eagle and singaporeflyer.

It's been 7 months since she quit her job.

Just to update we have submitted the letter to ICA explaining our situation.
Please update after you get the result

titans2857

Post by titans2857 » Tue, 15 May 2018 1:42 pm

Update:

Wife has started working from this week, we are in the process of hiring the helper now.

A question: when should we update ICA about the employment status of wife(sponsor) or they would know auto?

Thanks.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 May 2018 3:06 pm

titans2857 wrote:Update:

Wife has started working from this week, we are in the process of hiring the helper now.

A question: when should we update ICA about the employment status of wife(sponsor) or they would know auto?

Thanks.
If she is working on Dependants pass ICA will be able to know that she is working. But it is better for you to update ICA her exact position and salary once she starts working.

titans2857

Post by titans2857 » Tue, 15 May 2018 4:47 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
If she is working on Dependants pass ICA will be able to know that she is working. But it is better for you to update ICA her exact position and salary once she starts working.
Thanks singaporeflyer.
She is SPR and the sponsor for our application. This is why ICA sent the letter last month, asking reason for her unemployment.

titans2857

Post by titans2857 » Tue, 24 Jul 2018 3:34 pm

Update-2:

Wife had submitted the required paper(new employement letter+contract) in the month of May, haven't received any communication yet.

Total application time: 15m+
iEnquiry Status: Pending

titans2857

Post by titans2857 » Wed, 19 Sep 2018 6:05 pm

Received PR approval letter on 17-Sept for me and my son, it's dated on 13 sept.

Would like to ask a question:
Since I am 32y old, what are the chances that I'll be called for NS. The letter says "Please be inform that your husband me be liable for full time NS" :D

Cheers.