Singapore Expats

OST to PST conversion, is it manually possible?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Burfordwalker

OST to PST conversion, is it manually possible?

Post by Burfordwalker » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 4:45 pm

hello dear experts,

How can I convert the OST file to PST . I have move exchange 2010 from exchange to POP3. I did the backup OST format and now I cannot find the old send items. I am trying to import the OST to PST.

Is there any way I can do that with converting to PST?

Thanks in advance!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: OST to PST conversion, is it manually possible?

Post by bgd » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 5:30 pm

viewtopic.php?t=112327

Might find some help in that thread

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 8:57 pm

Burfordwalker wrote:hello dear experts,

How can I convert the OST file to PST . I have move exchange 2010 from exchange to POP3. I did the backup OST format and now I cannot find the old send items. I am trying to import the OST to PST.

Is there any way I can do that with converting to PST?

Thanks in advance!
OST is not really a backup. It is a local copy of the Exchange server data to minimize bandwidth. The proper procedure if you are leaving an Exchange site is to create a PST locally and copy all of the OST folders to it. You can only do this if the Exchange account still exists because Outlook requires connection to the Exchange account to copy to a PST.

So... if you still have your Exchange account available, you can do the above. If you do not have an Exchange account any more than you will have to purchase a paid product... I support 40 Office 365 workstations and have never found a free solution that worked.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 9:54 pm

This is yet another post on OST/PST conversion and I would be willing to buy someone a beer if I hear a convincing explanation on how this spam is intended to work. Obviously all the OPs are posting from India but they post only once and there is no obvious reference to any software/site within their posts. No follow-up another poster links neither. How making just some general reference to OST/PST can work for them or where else is the trick?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Mar 2018 2:53 pm

Google search will possibly turn up the link they are pushing and they end up with hits direct to the site and not working for link hits in forums. This way, potentially they don't get banned and their messages stay in the forums/archives and based on what they are saying, maybe similar lines in google cache. Just a thought.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 29 Mar 2018 9:19 pm

x9200 wrote:This is yet another post on OST/PST conversion and I would be willing to buy someone a beer if I hear a convincing explanation on how this spam is intended to work. Obviously all the OPs are posting from India but they post only once and there is no obvious reference to any software/site within their posts. No follow-up another poster links neither. How making just some general reference to OST/PST can work for them or where else is the trick?
Maybe it's just that a lot of OST files go bad in Delhi. :king:

Maybe it's someone that doesn't fully understand how SEO works.

zummiin

Post by zummiin » Fri, 30 Mar 2018 3:13 pm