Singapore Expats Forum

Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joymosnah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby joymosnah » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 1:00 pm

Dear All,

I helping my colleague get some advise here.

Race : Chinese
Nationality : China
Age : 29 Years Old
Position : Account Executive
Annual Income : SGD60,000.00
Current pass holding : EP
Dependant pass under her sponsor : Husband and 2.5year old son
Stay Period : 6 years
Apply PR 3 times but get rejected.
First and Second appy in individual.
Third apply with husband and Son.

She wish to try for the PR application again but she couldn't make a decision on whether to apply individual or with her family. Can anyone advise?
Last edited by joymosnah on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 1:32 pm

Is she holding an EP or a Letter of Consent based on the DP? What is the Husband? As a DP was mentioned, the husband has to be an EP holder. If she doesn't apply for PR in a family application, she can forget it. It's not going to happen as ICA will see it as only a method to ditch her husband after getting PR. Her income isn't sufficient to apply on her own and she probably cannot find a job without using the Letter of Consent which is based on the husband's EP. Without the EP link, she cannot keep the LoC. Nope. Not. Going. To. Happen.

joymosnah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby joymosnah » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 1:44 pm

My colleague is the one who holding the EP and her husband is the one who holding DP. Her husband is not working but stay at home to take care their son. In this case, she can still submit for her own?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 1:48 pm

joymosnah wrote:My colleague is the one who holding the EP and her husband is the one who holding DP. Her husband is not working but stay at home to take care their son. In this case, she can still submit for her own?


How did she get EP with annual salary of 28K SGD?

joymosnah
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 27 Mar 2018

Re: Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby joymosnah » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 4:42 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
joymosnah wrote:My colleague is the one who holding the EP and her husband is the one who holding DP. Her husband is not working but stay at home to take care their son. In this case, she can still submit for her own?


How did she get EP with annual salary of 28K SGD?


Sorry for the wrong information. Her annual income is SGD60,000.00

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 4:49 pm

joymosnah wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
joymosnah wrote:My colleague is the one who holding the EP and her husband is the one who holding DP. Her husband is not working but stay at home to take care their son. In this case, she can still submit for her own?


How did she get EP with annual salary of 28K SGD?


Sorry for the wrong information. Her annual income is SGD60,000.00


Based on the new rules, she will not qualify to get DP for her husband and kid as the minimum salary for DP is 72K. Her PR chances will also be very low, if she does not meet the EP criteria.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 5:49 pm

As I said, not. going. to. happen.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit ... ligibility

Eligibility for Dependant's Pass
Eligible Employment Pass or S Pass holders can bring certain family members to Singapore on a Dependant's Pass.

You can apply for a Dependant's Pass for your family if you meet these requirements:

Hold an Employment Pass or S Pass.
Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $6,000.
Are sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).

bcheng74
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun, 10 Apr 2016

Re: Chances for EP with DP Spouse and Child to get PR

Postby bcheng74 » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 8:45 pm

Also, I am aware that a similar couple (EP wife and DP husband) with much higher income was rejected. I am not sure if this is one of the hidden rules that gahmen doesn’t really want non working husband.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest