Singapore Expats

Salary Package for singaporean in China

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
goaswind

Salary Package for singaporean in China

Post by goaswind » Fri, 23 Mar 2018 11:31 am

Hi all, need some advice. Recently, I am being requested by an ex boss to be posted to China (tier 2 city) to work. I am from middle management in healthcare industry (not clinical person).

I am a Singaporean in my mid 30s married, no kid yet (planning maybe have 1 kid next year), current salary at current job is $6.3k pm (Its possible for me to change job in SG and get 10% to 15% salary increase).

I love the idea of gaining oversea experience and this offer a good opportunity. At the same time, i do not want to get short changed in terms of salary and benefits. As I need to sacrifices my family time.

I read somewhere that a typical expat package should be at least 20 to 40% increased in base pay + Accomodation, Utilities, hardship allowance etc. I am thinking also to return home once a month.

Will it be too much if i ask for 30% to 35% more (inc hardship) in basic (Mid $8k pm), + flight home monthly + other basic like accomodation,utilities?

Any one can share their expat package

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Salary Package for singaporean in China

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 26 Mar 2018 8:41 am

goaswind wrote:Hi all, need some advice. Recently, I am being requested by an ex boss to be posted to China (tier 2 city) to work. I am from middle management in healthcare industry (not clinical person).

I am a Singaporean in my mid 30s married, no kid yet (planning maybe have 1 kid next year), current salary at current job is $6.3k pm (Its possible for me to change job in SG and get 10% to 15% salary increase).

I love the idea of gaining oversea experience and this offer a good opportunity. At the same time, i do not want to get short changed in terms of salary and benefits. As I need to sacrifices my family time.

I read somewhere that a typical expat package should be at least 20 to 40% increased in base pay + Accomodation, Utilities, hardship allowance etc. I am thinking also to return home once a month.

Will it be too much if i ask for 30% to 35% more (inc hardship) in basic (Mid $8k pm), + flight home monthly + other basic like accomodation,utilities?

Any one can share their expat package
There are posts on this elsewhere.

You need to take into account losing CPF contributions and paying a higher rate of tax in CHina. you need to consider the costs of living in China vs Singapore. You should also ensure you have adequate insurance including repatriation to Singapore if necessary. There is no fixed % amount - it's a matter of adding it all up - two columns - one for Singapore and one for PRC and comparing the various benefits and costs.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

goaswind

Post by goaswind » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:47 am

Thank you.

Will I be seen to be asking too much for 30-35% increase in pay + employer cpf differences + monthly flight back + accommodation and utilities cost?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 1:00 pm

goaswind wrote:Thank you.

Will I be seen to be asking too much for 30-35% increase in pay + employer cpf differences + monthly flight back + accommodation and utilities cost?
I don't know. It's all a negotiation. Perhaps start there.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!