Singapore Expats

North American Queen mattress, can I buy north american queen sized bed in Singapore?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
crambola

North American Queen mattress, can I buy north american queen sized bed in Singapore?

Post by crambola » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 5:02 pm

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be moving to Singapore in late February. We are bringing our Queen (North American size) mattress with us to Singapore, and are wondering if it will be a challenge to find a bed that will fit the mattress. Also, is custom furniture very expensive, or are there reasonable options as well? Our budget for a bed is around $1200 max.

Thanks so much for your help and input!
Last edited by crambola on Fri, 06 Apr 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: North American Queen mattress, can I buy north american queen sized bed in Singapore?

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 8:02 pm

Singapore bed sizes are their own standard. I don't remember the specificd but I think eds here are shorter. Why not bring a bed as well linen?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: North American Queen mattress, can I buy north american queen sized bed in Singapore?

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 8:31 pm

crambola wrote:Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be moving to Singapore in late February. We are bringing our Queen (North American size) mattress with us to Singapore, and are wondering if it will be a challenge to find a bed that will fit the mattress. Also, is custom furniture very expensive, or are there reasonable options as well? Our budget for a bed is around $1200 max.

Thanks so much for your help and input!
If you are bringing a mattress you had better bring a bed and sheets. Singapore beds are the same width but 6 inches shorter. You will not find a North American bed for sale in Singapore.

Custom furniture will be quite expensive if manufactured in Singapore. If manufactured elsewhere, it can be cheaper... then you have issues of quality and getting what you want delivered to spec.