Singapore Expats

Renting house after leaving Singapore

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
amkpak

Renting house after leaving Singapore

Post by amkpak » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 4:23 pm

Hi
As of now I have a condo apt in Singapore and plan to relocate to India in 2 months time. I wish to rent out the property.
1. I'll engage an agent but additionally do I need to give power of attorney to someone ?

2. Also, what is the usual practice in such cases regarding managing the minor repairs/painting etc.? Do agents take care of such repairs as well ?

thanks

Search By

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Renting house after leaving Singapore

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 4:58 pm

amkpak wrote:Hi
As of now I have a condo apt in Singapore and plan to relocate to India in 2 months time. I wish to rent out the property.
1. I'll engage an agent but additionally do I need to give power of attorney to someone ?

2. Also, what is the usual practice in such cases regarding managing the minor repairs/painting etc.? Do agents take care of such repairs as well ?

thanks
I would not give a POA for such a thing unless the agent insists he needs it - even then make sure it's a restricted POA.

Yes they can and should.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

kaseyma
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kaseyma » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 5:36 pm

PNGMK wrote:
amkpak wrote:Hi

thanks
I would not give a POA for such a thing unless the agent insists he needs it - even then make sure it's a restricted POA.

Yes they can and should.
Would consider finding another agent if an agent were to insist on a Power of Attorney.

By the way, a POA is not cheap in SG.

amkpak

Post by amkpak » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 1:02 pm

kaseyma and PNGMK, thanks for your responses.

Do agents usually charge more than standard fee for managing such rentals where owner is not in Singapore ?